PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Tartaglione

MidgetAAA
08-28-2007, 10:35 PM
he was sent home today for off ice stuff....Free agent now

Biscuit
08-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Edmonton has not officially given up his rights. Hopefully they will soon, so he can try and get in another camp.

Allegedly, a teammate confessed to off-ice accusations and told the coaches of Tommys' innocence, but they said their minds were made up.

This is all hearsay as of now.

rinkrat
08-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm sure the Giants would take TNT back. I hope they do. :p

Brandonite
08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
They dont need him...Archibald is a great goalie and will handle the #1 duties and Ward should be the back up and hes a young kid who was good on a horrible WinterHawks team last year....they really dont need Tommy despite the fact he is a decent goalie but someone will grab him up...he wont go unprotected long I wouldnt think.

MidgetAAA
08-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Dalyn Flette has also looked good ive been told

OpenFivehole
08-30-2007, 06:06 PM
They dont need him...Archibald is a great goalie and will handle the #1 duties and Ward should be the back up and hes a young kid who was good on a horrible WinterHawks team last year....they really dont need Tommy despite the fact he is a decent goalie but someone will grab him up...he wont go unprotected long I wouldnt think.

lol, Ward was terrible on a terrible Portland team. He let in MANY soft goals that should have easily been stopped. On all but 1 night, he took the life out of the team with his soft goals allowed.

Brandonite
08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Blaming Ward for Portland last season is hardly fair....that team was worse than worse and I dont think hes one to blame for that one! But I didnt see him as much as you would have so you could be right!

rinkrat
08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Portland had Mucha last season and he was great on alot of nights.

Brandonite
08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah and Ward is young yet as well...Tommy really wouldnt have played as much anyways with Archibald!

gamer32
08-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Tommy's roommate did not confess to the off ice alligations. As what I heard Tommy was involved in the alligations as well as him roommate and they both confessed. It was unfortunate to see them both leave as they both had great chances of making the squad

OpenFivehole
08-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Blaming Ward for Portland last season is hardly fair....that team was worse than worse and I dont think hes one to blame for that one! But I didnt see him as much as you would have so you could be right!

i'm not blaming Ward for the season, I'm just saying he did not play well at all.

Crowley
09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know what went on??

Archibald and Flette will handle it anyways..

BruinsHockey
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Archie was a fantastic goaltender for the Bruins. He was the reason why the bruins were even in any of the games against the Giants in the playoffs. He's great with the younger goalies. it was a shame to lose him to the Oil Kings but I hope he has a great season.

Dwight Schrute
09-10-2007, 04:20 AM
who was the roomie ?

Rebel Tiger
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Is only as good as the team in front of him.
Exceptions to that are rare like Brodeur, that guy would be incredible anywhere.
Beyond him 95% + goalies are as good as the Dmen and D capabilities of the offence on their team.
Blocking shots, Blocking passing lanes, knowing when to take away a pass and alow the goalie to see the forced shot from the outside.
Alot of things that make goalies look good all depend on the team buying into the system.

patsdude114
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I would have to totally disagree with u on that 1....... Josh Harding last 2 seasons with the pats..... if u had watched any of those games Harding was the only reason games were kept somewhat close...The Pats got outshot on 95% of the games and not just by 5 shots most nights we were outshot extrememly bad but we still had a chance of winning most games cuz of Harding.....Our Defence was terrible at best our offence was just as bad...

And what did we end up getting for Harding once we traded him...... a goalie named Dustin Slade......sure he kepted the fans coming to building never knew what he was going to do nexted, Slade did have all the tools for a goalie just not much of a head on his shoulders.....as u Giants fans found out as well last season...

So really the Harding deal got us Matt Robinson for 1 season.... man Parker can make some good trades but when trading away a star player he is terrible at....just look at the Kyle Calder deal to Kamloops, Brad Stuart deal to Calgary and Harding to add to the list

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
So really the Harding deal got us Matt Robinson for 1 season.... man Parker can make some good trades but when trading away a star player he is terrible at....just look at the Kyle Calder deal to Kamloops, Brad Stuart deal to Calgary and Harding to add to the list

We also got Kyle St.Denis in that slade deal as well, though it was in the form of a 5th round draft pick. Dustin lost alot of value because of the attitude problems. I would say that with the intention of getting ripped off, that we won the trade. We all know St.Denis will is capable of being a star in this league.

So technically, we gave up 2 guys with attitude problems(Slade, berny), a grinder (macdonald), and St.Denis, a guy who was never going to play for us for Robinson, who had a great year when he was here, and salty, ofukany, hill, who are decent players in their own right, and still have another year here.

Not all that bad, being that salty and ofukany can still make a big impact in this league, and hill might next year if he has a bigger role, who knows?