PDA

View Full Version : what do you think Raiders need in Trade ?

westbeach55
08-29-2007, 03:55 AM
what do you think the raiders need in a trade?

Drop em' eh
08-29-2007, 07:18 AM
We need a goal scoring forward, too bad we lost Gross he probably would have been good for 20-25 goals this year given the right opportunities/ line mates.

We could use an experienced goalie too, Aime has some experience but is it enough, is he ready? i hope he is, and Stanford has no WHL experience. I hope the same thing does'nt happen in goal like the first part of last year.

hobster
08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Cody Gross would have been gor for 20-25 goals this year haha if he was good for that much dustin cameron on the blades is good for about the same simular styles they play

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Hmm....Im going to think that the PA fan knows more about what he is talking about than our pal hobster here. After all, he saw the kid play at least 20 times last year.

I will still be surprised to see gross pot 20 this year, but I will hope for the best.

hobster
08-29-2007, 11:59 AM
just saying that cameron and grosse are simular players in my mind and will put out the same point totalls this season neither player will rack it up playing on the third lines for someone to say gross would have been good for 20 goals i just thought was funny he's a third or fourth line player at best come on guy give your head a shake

Five Hole
08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Just cuz only one guy on the Blades reached 20 goals last year, doesnt mean it's impossible :laugh:
Just funnin' ya.... this year should be different...all Gillies has to do is bump his goal production by 50% and he'll be there haha

hobster
08-29-2007, 01:49 PM
this is how i see it for the blade fowards total goal amounts predictions

mccrae 22
gillies 30
hulak 26
durand 25

there's a 103 goals from 4 guys if they all stay healthie thats what i could see out of them so bright days ahead in toon town

WHL Crazy
08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey Hobster, you just showed your true lack of knowledge in saying that Gillies will score 30 and Durand 26 goals this year :confused: ! Gillies is a 3rd line player who will have to play 2nd line on the Blades due to their lack of depth. Chris Durand is a 20 yr old who nobody wants anymore, just ask PG and Seattle who have both given up on him in the past year alone. What I tend to do when I see a prediction from a Blades fan is look at the number of goals they predict for a certain player and devide it in half. So 15 for Gillies and 13 for Durand seems about right. As for Dustin Camerson being equal to Gross!!! That made me laugh dancing pi big time, Cody Gross is an up and comer while Cameron will be lucky to make a last place Blades team this year. I think you would be best to make it out to a few Blades games in Saskabushtown! applause

Triton
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
this is how i see it for the blade fowards total goal amounts predictions

mccrae 22
gillies 30
hulak 26
durand 25

there's a 103 goals from 4 guys if they all stay healthie thats what i could see out of them so bright days ahead in toon town

McCrae, Hulak totals are correct. Durand is a cousin of mine and is happy to be at home.I think 25 for him is reachable. The Gillies goal total is out to lunch. Not sure why the kid gets so much praise. Personally I think he's got nothing overly special about him.

WHL Crazy
08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I'd compare Gillies to Devon Leblanc of the Raiders. Both guys crash and bang and neither have alot of skill on offence. The difference is that Leblanc wasn't drafted 2nd overall in the WHL and doesn't get overhyped by the Raiders fans like Gillies does by Blades fans. applause ....I can see Gillies scoring 15-20-35 this year or something like that.

hobster
08-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Hmm, i guess Gillies and Leblanc are equils just not sure why gillies is on team canada then, hmm must be doing something right hey doesn't help last year when he had no one to play with ,playing second line last season with no one that great and even a little defence ,this season he's gonna be crazy good with some fowards that can actually help out and chip in.

WHL Crazy
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
You are continueing to make a fool out of yourself today Hobster Boogaard'd . The true sign of a great player is to lead and do the majority of the scoring or help make the other guys better. I guess Colton isn't that type of player now is he?!! If he is so good why didn't he score more than 30 points? Look at Tavares who scored 72 goals while playing as a 16 yr old. Or how about Zach Boychuk from Lethbridge? Even Beach from Everett at 16 yrs old had more points. I just don't get what the hype is about Gillies to tell you the truth. All he does is go out there and float around in the games I've seen him play in Swifty. Boogaard'd

hobster
08-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I never said he's the next Gretzky or even Tavares not even close ,he's a power foward like a Joe Barnes was ,Barnes did very well as a blades put up more than 30 goals expect the same out of gillies, im not even hyping up the blades i think the foward group will be good, but the defence is week and goaltending is just ok, Blades for 5th isnt hyping them my man.

WHL Crazy
08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
You can't compare Joe Barnes to Colton Gillies! Joe Barnes did run guys from behind and he actually had some offensive skills to talk about. Gillies runs guys from behind and has stone hands. :thumb: I think comparing Gillies to Leblanc from the Raiders is a fair comparison as they are simular players who should put up simular point and goal totals this year. I think you are close on the Blades prediction this year as I do agree that they will battle for 10-11 in the conference with Brandon. I do give the defensive edge to Brandon and they are about the same on offence maybe slight edge to Brandon. I do think Holtby is a better goaler than Cagliari though.

hobster
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes it will be close between brandon and the blades for last in the east but this isnt the blades year i think next season is the blades year and i still have hope for gillies

Hopper1
08-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Da BEEEEEEAAAAARRRRSSS

Hopper1
08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Srgnt. Malone for Zachary Hamill and Leland Irving punk rock pbj

Triton
08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Da BEEEEEEAAAAARRRRSSS

??? Keith Hopper?

hobster
08-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Who the heck is keith hopper his posts i didn't understand them one bit

patsdude114
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
If gross gets 20 this season in a pats uniform consider that trade a steal for Parker then...... he will get alot of ice time im sure this year to reach that total my guess is he would look great playing with a guy like Hill both speedy players with alot of upside......Gross should get regular shifts along with PK and some PP time

hobster
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
I'd compare Gillies to Devon Leblanc of the Raiders. Both guys crash and bang and neither have alot of skill on offence. The difference is that Leblanc wasn't drafted 2nd overall in the WHL and doesn't get overhyped by the Raiders fans like Gillies does by Blades fans. applause ....I can see Gillies scoring 15-20-35 this year or something like that.
Looks like you kind of out too lunch on that prediction haha

Dwight Schrute
11-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Looks like you kind of out too lunch on that prediction haha
thanks for another insightful and much need post on the board hobster. this was really needed.

TheSnowman
11-21-2007, 05:12 PM
A. I will NEVER understand all the hype about Gillies. Not a terrible player by any stretch but a first round NHL pick? Give me a break. Seriously overrated. Maybe if Matt Robertson had picked up a few more checking from behind majors last year that would have been him instead lol.

B. The 'Haus' is a much quieter place without Keith Hopper's interviews. If you didn't see (in person) his post-gamer with Milan Jurik around midseason last year, you missed a BEAUTY.

C. For a guy who was going to be "lucky to make the Blades" this year, Cameron isn't looking too bad now hey? If he keeps up his scoring pace with the Raiders he'll finish with 20 goals.

eye4aneye
11-21-2007, 05:45 PM
I think I saw Hobster whining about people dissing the Blades on their board....