PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Reassign 12 Players

Scout
08-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Black Beats White to Close Camp
Aug 29 - Team Black got goals from six different scorers in a 7-6 shootout win to conclude the Swift Current Broncos Training Camp last night at the Fairview Twin Arenas.

18 year old Grant Toulmin had the shootout winner. Christian Magnus, Eric Doyle, Derek Claffey, Kris Foucault, Dale Weise, and Michael Hay scored regulation goals for Team Black. Paul Postma led the way for the white squad with 3 goals, while Scott Macaulay, Matt Tassone, and Ryan Molle added singles.

The Broncos made 12 player personnel moves after last night’s game. Reassigned were:

Joel Rumpel (16) Goaltender Swift Current Midget AAA (SMHL)
Martin Cole (17) Defense Canmore Jr. (AJHL)
Jordan Peddle (16) Forward Swift Current Midget AAA (SMHL)
Michael Hay (15) Forward Winnipeg Thrashers Midget AAA (MMHL)
Davis Claffey (16) Forward Red Deer Midget AAA (AMHL)
Andrew Sullivan (15) Forward Calgary North Stars Midget AAA (AMHL)
Jarryd ten Vaanholt (16) Forward Northwest Giants Midget AAA (BCMMHL)
Travis Tilley (16) Forward Yellowhead Midget AAA (MMHL)
Taylor Vause (16) Forward Calgary Royals Midget AAA (AMHL)
Evan Warner (16) Forward Calgary Royals Midget AAA (AMHL)

Meanwhile, 17 year old defenseman Scott Macaulay elected to return to the Winnipeg Saints of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League after the Black/White game, and 16 year old defenseman David Greyeyes suffered an injury last night and will be unable to suit up this weekend in the Edmonton pre-season tourney. He will likely be reassigned to the Beardy’s Blackhawks of the Saskatchewan Midget AAA League. The Broncos now have 28 players on the roster (3 goaltenders, 8 defensemen, and 17 forwards).

The club leaves Saturday morning for three games at the Edmonton pre-season tourney. The club plays Prince George Saturday night, Kelowna Sunday, and Kamloops on Monday afternoon, before returning home. Next home action for the Broncos is the club’s home opener on Friday, October 12th against the Edmonton Oil Kings.

Flathead
08-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Anyone know why Macaulay opted to go back to Winnipeg? I thought he would have made the team.

d-man
08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
He himself felt he was too small. Would have liked to see him decide that after the Edmonton tourny. Also might be keeping his NCAA eligibility as an option.

Toswammi
08-30-2007, 07:24 PM
He himself felt he was too small. Would have liked to see him decide that after the Edmonton tourny. Also might be keeping his NCAA eligibility as an option.

That is my thoughts as well

Johnsy05
08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
That is my thoughts as well

I had actually heard this in the stands on tuesday.

Flathead
08-31-2007, 07:49 AM
That's too bad I really think this kid could play at the Major Junior level.