PDA

View Full Version : Preditctions on how well the Cougars will do?

habsfan12
08-29-2007, 04:12 PM
what is your predictions on how well the Cougars will do this seasons!! do they have good enough prospects that can handle the WHL! i Hope they do great!!

WestLEAFfan
08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Well Habber, I'll say they'll definitely make the play-offs again on the back of the stellar goaltending of CYR! Seriously, I guess it boils down to the rookies and OA players.

habsfan12
08-29-2007, 08:00 PM
thats a good assumption!!i think they will make the playoffs as well!!

Sput
08-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I think the BC Div. as a whole is going to eb a bit of a crap shoot this year. Vancouver should still end up in first, but from there who really knows right now.

The Cougars have a lot of holes to fill up front, but appear to have a solid D and steady 'tending. Sagart, Wishart, Dudas (if he can stay healthy) Vandynhuven, Theisen should handle things on the backend, with 6'8" Magnussen taking an Euro's spot on D. Cyr looks to have a lock on a 20YO spot as starting goalie, with Danyluk opening the gate for him, getting lots of practice time, but likely starting less than 10 games (just my thoughts). Goals will be hard to come-by this year with the absence of Setoguchi, Hunter, Dravinovich, etc., but if the forwards play defensivly responsibe hockey, they could win a number of 1-0, 2-1 games this year. '

I don't expect real exciting hockey this year, but as long as they put in effort every game, they will gain the experience needed to contend in a year or two.