Jonathan Milhouse (18)
Lance Bouma (17)
Craig Cunningham (17)
James Wright (17)
Mike Piluso (17)
Evander Kane (16)
James Henry (16)
Lane Scheidl (15)

Twenty nine players including two fifteen year olds who will not be around after the weekend in Everett. So one goalie and one defenceman plus two forwards will have to be cut or reassigned. This doesn't take into account any additional overagers added in a attempt to upgrade that spot. Also Nolan Toigo is listed as a forward where he can play defence as well. Also to be taken into consideration is the fact there are five sixteen year olds. Likely two reassignments will come from there at least.

dondo
09-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Nolan Toigo played obscenely average forward hockey today and might find himself out of the mix should he not up his game a bunch.

With the name of Toigo although I believe he'll have more lives than a cat before he is officially gotten rid of. He's okay he just isn't great, or really good for that matter.

Kassian
09-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Toigo will be just fine as a role player, IMO. He's looked better as a forward in my opinion and at least he'll help provide a little grit to the team. Expecting much more from him other than that is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

dondo
09-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Actually I preferred him on the back end.

He needs a bit more intensity, but his positioning is decent and he has some size to use and is not a pilon. We need much more help on the defensive end of things than the offensive one, imo

He was very ineffectual forward. Hands of stone and suspect passing.

Kassian
09-01-2007, 01:08 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree there. He didn't look good at all on defense, IMO. He wasn't fast enough and got burned many times along the sideboards. Not to mention he couldn't crack the top six on a consistent basis in order to get more playing time. During one of the road trips last season he looked solid as a forward. He was forechecking well and didn't seem to be out of position very often. Not to mention he was hustling out there most of the time. He definitely has hands of stone but as I mentioned before I don't expect anything more out of him than being a role player. Most guys on any teams bottom six certainly aren't likely to be scoring threats.

Knuckles Muldoon
09-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Two things:

1. I fully expected Toigo to be slotted in as a depth guy on D, seeing that's where most of the question marks are.

2. What happened to Joey Walter? Is he still on the Giants 50-man list? Haven't heard anything about him since training camp last year.

Giantsfan
09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
He played in the intersquad game in Ladner the other night.

Carebear
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
He's playing for the Langley Chiefs, BCHL.

rinkrat
09-01-2007, 10:32 PM
I thought Joey looked pretty good in the inter squad game. I guess he got cut.
I certainly don't have an eye for talent that the Giants staff does though. I thought they should have cut some players I saw at camp that have stuck with the team for a while now. :dead:

GF71
09-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Two things:
2. What happened to Joey Walter? Is he still on the Giants 50-man list? Haven't heard anything about him since training camp last year.

He was cut again after the intrasquad game. He wouldn't make it in the dub, but he is ok for eh bchl. He might be better off trying the NCAA route.