PDA

View Full Version : Blades Training Camp 07...

Trav
08-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I was at the 6 PM scrimmage tonight. It was Team Blue vs Team White.

Pretty good game, the score was 6-6 and Blue won it in a shootout.

Guys that stood out for both teams...

16 yr old d-man Tanner Sohn, probably won't make it this year but Im sure he'll be on the team in the future. Thought he played very defensively and blasted a shot from the point that was tipped in to the net.

Teigan Zahn, he looks bigger and stronger. Did well as you would expect.

Jordan Braid, man was he flying, it's obivious he wants to play on the team and I think he'll make it. Looked good out there.

Robert Brandis, played on the same line as Braid and they seem to have some chemistry going. Good skater, good with the puck, didnt score but looked good out there, once he gets used to his teammates and in to CUC he should be fine.

Brett Hebel, a 15 yr old from Minnesota, 07 draft pick. He caught my eye several times with his play. Showed some speed and playmaking ability. If he improves he should be in the league in the future.

Garrett Klotz, his skating seems to have improved and he was interesting to watch. Got in to a little shoving match with Cameron but neither dropped the gloves.

Brody Sutter, he had a strong camp last year as a 15 yr old, back again as a 16 yr old and looked good tonight but probably won't be on the Blades until 08-09. Looks good offensively.

Stefan Elliot, He looks pretty good, good poise with the puck and did well defensively. I think his brother who is 15 is here also, his name is Justin Elliot. He didnt look to bad.

Curtis Hamilton, shows that he's capable of playing in the league now. Should be a decent 16, probably third or forth line duty.

Holtby, Klassen, Cameron and Patterson were the other veterans in that game. Holtby played awesome making save after save. Klassen I didnt even notice at all. Patterson is going to get better and Cameron wasnt to bad either.

The two Stars of the game though would definitely be the NEW GUYS, Kaye and Durand. They're going to be fun to watch, especially Durand who scored two nice goals, one during the scrimmage and one in the shootout, he has a nice shot. Both were flying out there.

In the same game, team Red vs Grey, I only stayed for the first half.

Jyri Niemi, man that kid can play, he was definitely by far the best defensemen that I saw the whole day, great skater, good with the puck and he can hit to. I think we'll see him on the #1 pairing, with hopefully an overaged d-man.

Crowley was flying as usual, hope he'll put up some points this year.

Cuthbert didnt look to bad but still will be pressed to make the team by the younger guys.

Josh Nichols, the Blades 2nd pick this year looks pretty good, should be a good one.

Toomey and Philp are HUGE and I'm sure both will be on the team, well Philp might not be due to numbers but I think he should be. Good skater for his size, 6'7, faster then Klotz and very aggresive.

Hulak looks improved

Berg will make the team along with Elliot and I think they'll end up being one of the top defense pairings a few years from now.

Charles Inglis, as long as he gets his shot on net, he'll be scoring lots in this league, looks really good out there and he was fun to watch. He can sure rip them.

Shortys
08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Nice assesment Trav, thanks. Glad to see the euro's starting to fit in already. Should be a great season if Kaye and Durand keep up the pace as you say they are, having two seasoned vets to show these young guys what it takes is gonna keep this team together. You say Hulak looks improved, could you elaborate more on that? Has he put on any weight over the summer? Braid sounds like he is really turning it up another notch, how about Belyk?

Who were the 16's that really stood out and you figure will make the team?