Aaron Elaschuk 92
Jason Trott 92
Josh Giofriddo 89
Adam Matlock 88

Not camp because in Russia Zak Boychuk 89

Let the fun begin, lets keep training camp in one space like the other teams

shushu
08-31-2007, 11:56 PM
first off a couple of odd things i noticed... ruff was helping out the coaching staff ,thought that was kinda odd after giving him the boot.second no inglais, versteeg or martin to be seen , maybe injured who knows...also r. king was in the stands tonight watching the game, kinda make you think he's riding the fence on coming back or he's going to school in town ........as for the players the first that comes to mind is sbisa, this kid is as smooth as glass, a great skater, tons of vision and just plain smart. as for metsola he's hard to read, looked remarkably calm and solid( as did tadjdeh) tonight, but time will tell. ..... ashton, piller, murray, orfino, all seemed to rise above the rest of the crew today but granted its just one day......... thought it was classy to bring seabrook, lammers, chris verteeg ,to todays functions to show the young ladd what level it take to play in the dub and beyond.........ps.... as for dyck good coach or bad, at the end of every practise he skated around and gave the boys a tap with the stick saying good job . i thought that was as classy as its comes ............IMO............

canes77
09-01-2007, 04:59 AM
thanks for the updates guys...both the rosters and the update from last nite...helps a lot when im too busy to attend camp!

good to see dyck showing some class, i like him as a head coach, seems good with the players, hopefully stasiuk will stay upstairs and let dyck make the coaching decisions himself this yr :D

i see mitch versteeg has a broken wrist so he will be out for a while now

now some questions for whoever...
do you think if (for example) metsola and tadjdeh keep playing well, they will stay all yr rather than keeping maniago who is a "questionalbe" #1 goalie? or will they keep maniago around as a veteran and leader?

and, how did panchyson and knudsen look? im asking about these two since they are both guys who could have a very strong impact on the team or a very weak impact...

thanks

shushu
09-01-2007, 11:13 AM
thanks for the updates guys...both the rosters and the update from last nite...helps a lot when im too busy to attend camp!

good to see dyck showing some class, i like him as a head coach, seems good with the players, hopefully stasiuk will stay upstairs and let dyck make the coaching decisions himself this yr :D

i see mitch versteeg has a broken wrist so he will be out for a while now

now some questions for whoever...
do you think if (for example) metsola and tadjdeh keep playing well, they will stay all yr rather than keeping maniago who is a "questionalbe" #1 goalie? or will they keep maniago around as a veteran and leader?

and, how did panchyson and knudsen look? im asking about these two since they are both guys who could have a very strong impact on the team or a very weak impact...

thanks
i dont think mannys going anywhere. plus roy stated that the extra 20 spot could be used for a goalie if needed . panchysen looked good last night he's solid on his skates. and i never though i would say this but knudsen looked better (and i use that word lightly) than he did last year, but is still a very weak 20, especially if you look at yash being our other ...................

grainbear
09-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Just reviewed the players at camp and noticed that in terms of draft selections the Canes seem to have got players that show up for the invite. Looking back to players drafted over the last few years unless traded away only Lecuyer , Castro, Vavra and Hymes were not present. This with the exception of Castro and Vavra may have been a management decision. Also notice that any of the younger players not drafted were from locations very close to home. It will be interesting to see who sticks around after this afternoons Blue and White game. Anyone know where Inglis is ?

Caner
09-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Inglis is in the hospital.