PDA

View Full Version : Turris coming to Giants?

rinkrat
08-31-2007, 06:45 AM
While watching Canada vs Russia this a.m. Peter Loubardias said he expects Turris to play for the Giants this season. :skeptical
I don't know if he has inside information or if he is way off base.
Interesting comment though.

Giantsfan
08-31-2007, 06:54 AM
Ya, I heard that as well. I'm not sure how informed he is, maybe he has some inside scoop. Be awesome if that were the case.

Giantsfan
08-31-2007, 08:31 AM
He's going to the University of Wisconsin I believe is what they said in the 3rd.

N.W. Bruin
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Well stated in the past in the newspapers that he is NCAA bound. Also heard the comment this morning which was when they said he was drafted by the Giants and that Don Hay would like to have him in the line-up. Turris was a mid-round pick in the bantam draft for that reason as the WHL clubs already knew he was thinking NCAA hockey even back than. Not a wasted pick like the first round pick they wasted on Daniel Bertram.

steamer1112
08-31-2007, 04:19 PM
I wonder why he's going the college route. I would think that junior hockey would be a much better learning ground towards playing in the big leagues. He's going to be a multi-millionaire, so what will a college degree do for him?

Giantsfan
08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
There is life after hockey & having an education is the smart way to go. Who knows, maybe the guy will sustain an injury & he never plays again. Hopefully not, but players retire early & then what?

Brandonite
08-31-2007, 10:09 PM
I wonder why he's going the college route. I would think that junior hockey would be a much better learning ground towards playing in the big leagues. He's going to be a multi-millionaire, so what will a college degree do for him?

Kyle Turris is NOT the last guy to play College Hockey before going on to his NHL career. It is a smart choice, nobody knows what the future holds...he could break his neck tomorrow and then what? Education is a good thing and not one that he should be overlooking. Turris would look good in Junior obviously and what coach in his right mind wouldnt want Turris playing for you so I bet Don Hay said that because hed be crazy not to, but either way hes going to be playing in Phoenix in 2 years and I personally would go the Junior route but lots of players seem to be going College route.

dondo
09-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Turris stated long ago that his intention was to go the NCAA route. I would love to see him in a Giants jersey, but it ain't gonna happen sadly, until the US college system changes their scholarship rules. Which, incidentally also ain't gonna happen.

For those of you who don't know he is Giants property when it comes to the WHL, but if a drafted player decides to go the US college route the WHL team which drafted him acquiring his rights are screwed.