PDA

View Full Version : Karpov and Filo

patsdude114
09-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I went to the game last night in MJ (hockey fever has hit me and with no Pats preseason home games, MJ was the nexted closest thing) and i must say i was very impressed with the Warriors 2 new Euro's Karpov #44 a smaller guy but highly skilled made some nice plays 1 on 1, set up Filo with a beautiful saucer pass over 2 Raiders sticks only for Raiders keeper to come up with a great save.........Karpov is good at the face-offs as well (though its hard to tell considering no top centers were playing for the Raiders last night) I was hoping to see Reese, Holzapfel and Karpov play together last night, from what i read in the paper they had amazing chemistry in the Red and Black game, but oh well it is preseason....

#44 Karpov a small, speedy winger, quick release, great puck sense, and throws his small frame around with some hits....

#22 Filo has decent size (my guess around 6'1 dont know forsure tho) can skate when he wants too (from what i seen last night) good hands...wasnt as noticable as Karpov

******quick note******

Cody Vann of the Raiders showed his true colors last night...scrum infront of the net with about 12 seconds left Vann throws around a 15yr old like a rag doll then comes back into the scrum looking like a 5yr old looking for candy (but only in his case looking for another young kid to fight)

Sabes
09-01-2007, 01:37 PM
To Vann's defence he has to do something to make this team, there are too many younger guys that are looking to take his place.

With that i'm not a fan of an 18 yr old going after a 15 yr old.

Dwight Schrute
09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
To Vann's defence he has to do something to make this team, there are too many younger guys that are looking to take his place.

With that i'm not a fan of an 18 yr old going after a 15 yr old.

ditto. and also in vanns defense ... im pretty sure especially during a pre season scrum that not too many of the guys know how old each opposing player is.

Warriorfanatic
09-01-2007, 04:20 PM
ditto. and also in vanns defense ... im pretty sure especially during a pre season scrum that not too many of the guys know how old each opposing player is.

I know he did not know how old the kid was he tossed around, but I would think that the full face mask should have given it away. If he cannot remember that the under aged kids have to wear the full mask then he really has a problem. And yes I think PA had some good talent on the ice last night they shut my boys down pretty darned well. The penalties were a nightmare for both sides, I am not sure but I would guess the calls were around 40 last night. At one point PA had 5 or was it 6 boys in the box. That was just plain silly, come on ref, it is pre-season let the kids play and show there stuff.

Having said that PA played well which is a hard thing for me to say. Well done boys!

Drop em' eh
09-01-2007, 05:31 PM
It was ok when Vann was 16 and 17 years old and going after and fighting guys who were 19 and 20 years old and twice his size though.

All he did was throw him to the ice, its not like he purposly tried to hurt the guy, and hey if you want to play in the league you better be prepared for everything that comes with it, no matter what your age is. Vann would have done the same to whoever it was that happened to be there, age or size would not matter to him.

As the saying goes: "Ask no quarter, give no quarter."

Hatguy
09-01-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't want to stand like too much of a homer here but I was in plain view of what happened last night. There was a scrum for the puck in front of the Raiders net and after the whistle was blown Vann and Howden (the 15 year old) started a pushing match. Vann overpowered Howden and landed him on the ice as a few fights almost broke out. As Howden tried to get up Vann stood behind him and cross checked him in the back, that was clearly uncalled for.

Five Hole
09-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Wasn't there, but I'd give Vann the benefit of the doubt that the kid was getting a little aggressive in front of the PA goalie, and even if you're 15 you sometimes gotta answer for that...
In any event, you'd think if a future star in this league, which Howden will no doubt be, was getting roughed up a bit, that one of his older teammates would've had the nads to take exception to it and try to do something about it.... :skeptical

wardog fan
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
i agree pats fan, vann is a hero in my books....

zinger
09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't want to stand like too much of a homer here but I was in plain view of what happened last night. There was a scrum for the puck in front of the Raiders net and after the whistle was blown Vann and Howden (the 15 year old) started a pushing match.............

Well there you go..... two hockey players both pushing and shoving each other....OH MY GOD !!! big deal, its hockey, get over it!!

Cripes Vann was just saying "Hi welcome to the Dub". What was he supposed to do, baby him!?!? Even Howden would'nt want that, what hockey player would!?!?!

Did you not notice the 16 and 17 year olds out there that were wearing full face sheilds too? Do you think either Howden or Vann knows or cares how old each other is?

Thats like saying Howden should have realized Vann was older and he should'nt have shoved him.

Warrior Fan
09-02-2007, 12:32 AM
A player is on the ice and trying to stand up you don't cross check him as hard as you can in the back. That being said....

All the underage players on the ice wore full face shields on both sides of the puck and I watched Delorande and Bast both take it easy on hits on the forecheck on those kids last night. I watched them both let up. Still threw a hit but slowed down considerably and didn't try to land the kid through the glass. Of course that doesn't meant anything in terms of what happened nor should it but the fact is you don't do that to anyone no matter the age of the other player. He could have seriously injured his neck as it was his upper back and clearly from behind.

zinger
09-02-2007, 07:26 AM
"Okay lets forget the age thing"

Lets forget the whole thing !

patsdude114
09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
geeees i started this thread for the 2 new euros for the warriors....should of known better to put that Vann thing up....and yes i did notice Bast and Delronde let up on hits with the Raiders younger guys but also seen Hewson do the same thing....most of the older guys will do that especially to a 15 yr old where he has no chance of making the team anyways....

So back to Karpov and Filo any other feed back from u warrior fans on these 2 euro's

wardog fan
09-02-2007, 11:59 AM
listen, unless you were at the game you dont know what im talking about, but seeing you raider fans see him every second game , and trust me im not tlaking about the howden innocent . the guy is a meat head plain and simple and end of story, look at the penelty summeray for both games , well for the game here . he is a liability if you ask me anyways how about the labour day classic....

Warrior Fan
09-02-2007, 05:39 PM
They both look good in different ways. I like Filo's size and forecheck and he plays hard. Decent skills for sure.
Karpov has incredible hands and playmaking ability now he has to learn the whole game and he will soon enough he seems likea smart kid. Has to figure out the language as well.