PDA

View Full Version : starkov????

wardog fan
09-02-2007, 06:22 PM
any word if he is playing in red deer or not???

RDRebelsfan
09-02-2007, 06:41 PM
chances are he is returning yes. Which makes sense if you think about it.

FreddieFender
09-02-2007, 07:06 PM
The return of Starkov would be a major bonus. I certainly was not expecting it.

RDRebelsfan
09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
As I've said, and a few others have said it makes sense if he does. Only one euro drafted and I do hope he returns.

Tinner
09-03-2007, 06:41 AM
As I said in a post in another thread, I believe both Starkov and Watt will be back, and even money on Brett Sutter to be back.

SectionNDeserter
09-03-2007, 08:30 AM
As I said in a post in another thread, I believe both Starkov and Watt will be back, and even money on Brett Sutter to be back.
I think there is a good chance that all 3 will be back. Starkov is probably the most ready for pro hockey of the 3 of them. Brett Sutter was good last season, but he certainly wasn't dominant, and looked like he needs to get a bit stronger before he makes the jump to pro. Watt was great defensively and has a bit of a scoring touch, but he needs to work on his discipline. I think that with the departure of Hanzal, and if Starkov does return, he will thrive as what will probably be our top forward.

RDRebelsfan
09-03-2007, 01:14 PM
If all 3 of those guys are back (which I do hope they are), The team is going to rely heavily on those 3 as well as Brandon Sutter and I suppose Doucet and Ferraro. Would make the team a lot more dangerous up front.

RebelsFan
09-04-2007, 12:40 PM
I think Starkov returning to Red Deer has more to do with the Columbus system that drafted him. Columbus is in a tough cycle and are more likely to keep a player in their system that is maybe not quite ready. Note, I said in their system not on the big club. I would love to see Starkov return, and I realize Brent only drafted one Euro but we might not see Starkov in a Rebels uniform again. Because Calgary have the rights to Sutter and Watt, I can see J.D. coming back and Calgary finding a home in their system for Brett.

JacketsFan
09-04-2007, 09:05 PM
In a couple interviews when Starkov signed with the Jackets in May, he seemed confident that he wasn't returning to Red Deer and was going to be in Syracuse, or head back to Europe.

I'd hate to see Starkov sent back to juniors, since he really doesn't have much more to prove at this level. He did so well playing for Frölunda in the SEL (when he got ice time) that it seems to be another step back for him to keep playing with kids.

Columbus' AHL affiliate, Syracuse, currently has a logjam with the Jacket's older prospects and career minor leaguers, and the Jackets only have a couple spots open. So there might not be any room for Starkov in Syracuse, and he certainly doesn't belong in the ECHL.

The Jackets' prospect camp starts on Friday.

WHL Rules
09-05-2007, 07:31 AM
In a couple interviews when Starkov signed with the Jackets in May, he seemed confident that he wasn't returning to Red Deer and was going to be in Syracuse, or head back to Europe.

I'd hate to see Starkov sent back to juniors, since he really doesn't have much more to prove at this level. He did so well playing for Frölunda in the SEL (when he got ice time) that it seems to be another step back for him to keep playing with kids.

Columbus' AHL affiliate, Syracuse, currently has a logjam with the Jacket's older prospects and career minor leaguers, and the Jackets only have a couple spots open. So there might not be any room for Starkov in Syracuse, and he certainly doesn't belong in the ECHL.

The Jackets' prospect camp starts on Friday.

I don't think he will be back, but he didn't exactly tore up the league last season. He was good but not outstanding and there certainly remains the question how good he would have been without Hanzal.

RDRebelsfan
09-05-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't think he will be back, but he didn't exactly tore up the league last season. He was good but not outstanding and there certainly remains the question how good he would have been without Hanzal.

well last season when Hanzal was gone to WJ's, Starkov was here by himself and I can tell you from my stand point he continued to play well.