Lucas Zueffle
Dallas Ehrhardt
Jordan Fraser
Ryley Miller
Stephane Robidoux
Brett Rock

WestLEAFfan
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Did Matty Smith survive this one or was he a victim of a previous cut?

Triton
09-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Did Matty Smith survive this one or was he a victim of a previous cut?

He survived. Anyone know who is all left?

WestLEAFfan
09-02-2007, 07:35 PM
He survived. Anyone know who is all left?

Thanks, that was quick! He must be playing well enough to have survived this long? I'm a little surprised.

Brandonite
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Did Rylan Schwart get cut b/c he was not 100% commited? And I thought Brett Rock was supposed to be a long candidate...anyone know what happened there?

sbtatter
09-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Did Rylan Schwart get cut b/c he was not 100% commited? And I thought Brett Rock was supposed to be a long candidate...anyone know what happened there?
Yes is the answer to your first question. And Rock is a "diamond in the rough" but with Melynchuk, Grill-Donovan, Robinson and Smith ahead of him, all fighting for 2 roster spots, he'll have to wait until next season....

sbtatter
09-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Those cuts leave us with 11 forwards, (12 if Hale recovers from the ham string injury he sustained playing ball) so obviously Kelly M must have some plans this week to add more forwards. We have 9 d-men, maybe 10 if Smith gets healthy.

booboo
09-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Having watched two rookie scrimmages last week,I was very impressed with the WheatKings 15 year olds. I see great things for the team in 2 years time when this crop is 17. The players I refer to are Brandon Regier, Riley Miller,Jordan DePape, Mark Stone,Brenden Rouse, and Eric Baldwin. This crew in addition to this years 16 yr. olds does give us fans hope for the future.

Brandonite
09-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Those cuts leave us with 11 forwards, (12 if Hale recovers from the ham string injury he sustained playing ball) so obviously Kelly M must have some plans this week to add more forwards. We have 9 d-men, maybe 10 if Smith gets healthy.

I thought the team was left with 13 forwards, not 11! But either way, it made me think for a second because usually they keep around 14/15 forwards so Kelly must have something in mind! Like I said before, if Robinson & Smith dont make this team this year, look for other Dub teams to show interest which could be what is happening. Who knows but something sure looks like it could be in the works...

Remix
09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I thought Ireland would have definately made the team with how many points he was putting up in the scrimmages? are there other parts of his game that needed work?

sbtatter
09-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I thought Ireland would have definately made the team with how many points he was putting up in the scrimmages? are there other parts of his game that needed work? He's a little rough on his skates, not a lot of speed.....

Joe Hallenback
09-03-2007, 03:06 PM
This is pretty much the team for the year it looks like guys

I think there might be a trade for a forward this upcoming week but dont count on it

From what i heard from people around the team is that the 15 year olds looked outstanding and may be the best draft we had in years

Some players had the injury bug but looked good anyways. Sounds like guys like Grill,Smith and Hale were looking much better this year.

Watch out for Cale Jefferies he may be the bust out player for us this year.

Robak is much much better then last season

Goaltending is a concern so it wouldnt surprise me if they go with Hayes all season to get him some experiance

Toughness is a concern up front and from what i Hear they are REALLY hoping that Hale can be that guy up front but time will tell

sbtatter
09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
This is pretty much the team for the year it looks like guys

I think there might be a trade for a forward this upcoming week but dont count on it

From what i heard from people around the team is that the 15 year olds looked outstanding and may be the best draft we had in years

Some players had the injury bug but looked good anyways. Sounds like guys like Grill,Smith and Hale were looking much better this year.

Watch out for Cale Jefferies he may be the bust out player for us this year.

Robak is much much better then last season

Goaltending is a concern so it wouldnt surprise me if they go with Hayes all season to get him some experiance

Toughness is a concern up front and from what i Hear they are REALLY hoping that Hale can be that guy up front but time will tell
The 15 year olds look amazing!! Miller, Regier, Stone, Depape and Rouse all look like they could step in next year.
Jeffries looks a bit like Reaves, I think he will be a good hitter, but I'm not sure how good his hands will be.
Robak looks awesome out there, fast and good awareness.
Hale may be the answer, but he's not as tough as Jeffries, lets face it, not many players can be a physical force in the dub during their rookie season. He has a hamstring injury suffered when playing ball. He had a rough season last year, let's hope he gets healthy and makes this team.

Brandonite
09-03-2007, 09:45 PM
The 15 year olds look amazing!! Miller, Regier, Stone, Depape and Rouse all look like they could step in next year.
Jeffries looks a bit like Reaves, I think he will be a good hitter, but I'm not sure how good his hands will be.
Robak looks awesome out there, fast and good awareness.
Hale may be the answer, but he's not as tough as Jeffries, lets face it, not many players can be a physical force in the dub during their rookie season. He has a hamstring injury suffered when playing ball. He had a rough season last year, let's hope he gets healthy and makes this team.

Your absolutely right, not many rookies come into the WHL as rookies and become a "fighting" type force as you might want to call it. With the amount of rookies on this years team, guys like Hale will be in and out of the lineup anyways, they need a Veteran tough guy besides Yeo. Jefferies is a tough kid, but hes gonna need to score some goals and stay out of the box.

sbtatter
09-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I forgot to add Dallas Ehrhardt as another 15 year old who looks like he'll be ready to play next year

Triton
09-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Your absolutely right, not many rookies come into the WHL as rookies and become a "fighting" type force as you might want to call it.

Cody Vann.

Dwight Schrute
09-03-2007, 11:24 PM
can you tell me more about depape's play ?

sbtatter
09-04-2007, 07:35 AM
can you tell me more about depape's play ? Well, he's a good size for a 15 year old, but his biggest asset appeared to be his ability to put the puck in the net, even against veteran players. His speed looks like it's above average as well. He had very good positional awareness. I think his brother is probably a little bigger and tougher, whereas Jordan appears to have better hands and more speed.
I think Jordan will be a player in the mould of Eric Fehr wheras his older brother is more like a Ryan Stone?
He obviously has benefitted from having a brother in the dub, b/c he came to camp prepared and honestly, if he was old enough he could have stuck with this young team...