PDA

View Full Version : Expectations

GHOST
09-03-2007, 04:42 PM
As a new Blades fan (I'm from SW Ontario, and I still cheer for the Knights) I was wondering what to expect from this team this fall? I've been watching the Super Series agains the Russians, and Gillies has me excited to watch him in person this fall, aswell as a few players that we should see on a semi regular basis, ie Schenn, and Hickey. Anyway, I'm just wondering where expectations for the Blades are this season. Are they a playoff team, or are they expected to struggle again this season, and miss the playoffs?

hobster
09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Well you can expect the Blades to be anywhere from 3rd in the east division to 5th is a fair range, they will battle with Prince Albert and Swift Current, if you go catch a Blades game this season they will score there goals but most likley let up a few as well, young defence really good goaltending and pretty good depth on foward,i would deffinitly say this years team is surley worth the price of admision.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-03-2007, 04:52 PM
As a new Blades fan (I'm from SW Ontario, and I still cheer for the Knights) I was wondering what to expect from this team this fall? I've been watching the Super Series agains the Russians, and Gillies has me excited to watch him in person this fall, aswell as a few players that we should see on a semi regular basis, ie Schenn, and Hickey. Anyway, I'm just wondering where expectations for the Blades are this season. Are they a playoff team, or are they expected to struggle again this season, and miss the playoffs?
I think that with the offseason additions of Durand,Kaye,Neimi,and Brandis. That the Blades should be a competitive team. I think that the strengths right now are the forwards,and the goaltending. I hope that they can make the playoffs. I hope that one 20 year old defencemen is added on or after oct 11th. I am hoping for a playoff team this season.

wango tango
09-03-2007, 08:08 PM
i've got three questions.

goals - will they score enough?
inexperienced d - can they make a good first pass out of their zone, handle a relentless whl forecheck, and shut down some of the top junior age forwards in canada?
brandis - he may make the difference between the blades having two solid scoring threat lines, or the team being forced to move a player onto the top two lines who may not be ready yet. that would cause a bit of a ripple effect through the lineup. yeah unfair to lay that on one guy, but life's not fair.

the blades may be the dark horse in the eastern conference, and a very unknown commodity at this point. i'm looking forward to seeing some preseason hockey to see where this team is at.

GHOST
09-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Which rookie is expected to make the biggest impact this year?

Shortys
09-04-2007, 09:00 AM
I would say Elliot is the one who is expected (by fans at least) to do the best as a rookie this year, but I don't know if he will be able to live up to all the credit. I hope he does and judging by the camp he will do great.

GHOST
09-09-2007, 12:51 AM
What about Mitch Berg, is he expected to play as a 16 year old? The kids huge, seems like he's big, and strong enough for sure.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-09-2007, 12:15 PM
What about Mitch Berg, is he expected to play as a 16 year old? The kids huge, seems like he's big, and strong enough for sure.
I think he is expected to play as a 16 year old,but some people say that he could use another year in midget because of his speed,it just seems right now that he is not fast enough,but that will improve over time,and with the more ice time he gets.