PDA

View Full Version : Trade Talk

dtnewbie_bronco
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I thought I would post a thread to get the trade talk really flowing. Let's play GM here. Who do you think we should trade and who would you like to see in a Bronco uniform.

I think we should trade Postma and one of our forwards possibly Leovold seeing as he's 20 and in return get someone like Colton Yellowhorn. I dont think he is going pro and he could really help someone like Nelson put the puck in the net.

What do you all think?

Johnsy05
09-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I thought I would post a thread to get the trade talk really flowing. Let's play GM here. Who do you think we should trade and who would you like to see in a Bronco uniform.

I think we should trade Postma and one of our forwards possibly Leovold seeing as he's 20 and in return get someone like Colton Yellowhorn. I dont think he is going pro and he could really help someone like Nelson put the puck in the net.

What do you all think?

Oh wow not sure if i like the idea of trading postma i think he will be our best defenceman this year and the guy is only 18? I would send doyle before i sent postma but that being said i don't know if i would want to deal him for a 20 year old

dtnewbie_bronco
09-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I know I think he is a good player. I just think we have sucvh a strong D-core that we can afford to give someone like that up. We still have guys like Doyle and Claffey back there, and with Rogers possibly crackign the line up i think we can pick up the slack.

Toswammi
09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I would sent a 20 yr old d-man to Kelowna (they dont have much for older defenseman, and Bartell has said they may be in the market for one.
I would then pick up Frazier McLearn from Portland. He is 6'5 230ish can fight, and score 20+ a season.

But this is fantasy. and i can dream.

dtnewbie_bronco
09-05-2007, 05:38 PM
What are the chances of getting Brock Nixon out of Kamloops? I think someone like him would be a huge assest to our team. But the chances of getting him from there are very slim. Keep dreaming

Broncs in RD
09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
I've always wanted Frazer Mcleran here. He's tough, big and can score you 20+ golas a year. I would have liked to add him and Kyle Bailey from Portland last year.

CrazyGeorge
09-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I do agree we are rather strong at the back end.

Larochelle
Wilson
Doyle
Postma
Claffey
McAvoy
Rogers
Molle

I really think we need a guy like RJ to lead our back end. He bring elements of toughness and leadership. He could be a strong candidate for captain or at least assistant. I think Molle bring a good overall package to the game (offense and defense). I think Claffey is a guy that is a physical/good player in front of the net type of player whose good defensively and aggressive on the back end. Of course we need defensemen that can move the puck up the ice both even strength and on the PP. I think guys like Rogers, Postma, Doyle and Wilson are players that fit that mold. Of these four players, with Doyle being the bigger of the group, that brings an important element as well. My thinking is that Larochelle, Claffey, Molle, and Doyle stick around as main stays for our defense. I'm really not sure about the remaining players as each of them bring a certain element to the team that the other 3 don't so much. Rogers (17) and Wilson (20) are similar players on the ice which makes me think that Wilson could be moved. I'd rather stick with and develop a 17 year old as appossed to a 20 year old when both players are similar in style. I'm not sure about the others. Postma has always been a high prospect even as a 15 year old and McAvoy has shown great promise after transition from forward to defense. I do believe regardless who we have on defense, that WE WILL make a deal even if it means for draft picks or currrent players. Regardless various peoples opinions on Dean, I do believe that Dean will make the right choice.

Big Ern
09-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Regardless various peoples opinions on Dean, I do believe that Dean will make the right choice.

EXACTLY!! This can't be easy for a GM. We have loads of talent back there, and I imagine it would be EXTREMELY tough to decide who you're going to move if a move is made at all.

That being said, I agree with you. I am very confident in our GM. He'll make the right decision. It's a comfortable feeling to have him at the helm in this situation.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

CrazyGeorge
09-05-2007, 07:40 PM
What is McAvoy's play been like playing defense? An easy decision could be for McAvoy to play at forward leaving us with 7 defensemen but at the same time McAvoy is playing defense the entire preseason for a reason. How has he been playing at the back end compared to some of the others? What type of player is he at that position? (stay at home type, rushing, all around). I'd really like for us to keep Rogers, giving hime experience, knowing we only have one year left with Wilson, and who knows what will happen next year with our abundance of 20 year olds next year. I sure home Rogers is given a great opportunity. It's really going to be intersting coming naming the final squad for this season, especially on defense.