PDA

View Full Version : Vanner Suspended

zinger
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
From the WHL league web site

09/07/07- Cody Vann - Prince Albert Raiders

One game for Elbow Major and G.M. versus Saskatoon on Sept. 7.

Cudos for standing up for his team mates, ecspesially when they're running your goalie, i'd have to say toomey got what he deserved.

Sabes
09-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I agree, anytime a player hits a goalie like that whatever comes after as long as it's not too dirty is deserved. Nice to see Robertson go at him first but he should stick to scoring.

Five Hole
09-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm guessing the one game suspension means tonight's game?
Or do exhibition suspensions mean you're suspended for the first regular season game?

Drop em' eh
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Hhmmm, good question. I'm not sure about that. Anyone know that?

wardog fan
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
surprise surprise..... one of many suspensions for that goon

Sabes
09-09-2007, 03:29 PM

well deserved and well worth it

Drop em' eh
09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey warthog are you STILL whining ?!?!?

Maybe when you guys lose your team, you can get a girls hockey team or a ringette team!!!!

westbeach55
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM

haha guess Toomy won't be running any more goalies deserved what he got

Dwight Schrute
09-09-2007, 06:56 PM
i actually didnt see the elbow. and was pretty surprised it was a major. i thought it might have been a reputation call more then anything. also in his time in the game i thought vann played well. quite sound positionally. i think he'll stick again.

Five Hole
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
i actually didnt see the elbow. and was pretty surprised it was a major. i thought it might have been a reputation call more then anything. also in his time in the game i thought vann played well. quite sound positionally. i think he'll stick again.

I agree, in fact I think we'd be crazy not to have him in the starting lineup. He plays a pretty sound defensive game, as you say, and he brings a lot more to the table than just being a guy who likes to drop the mitts... but we need a guy who'll go through a wall for his teammates...
otherwise, we're in danger of being almost as wimpy as a couple of our other eastern rivals :laugh:
right, wardog ;)

Five Hole
09-09-2007, 07:13 PM

I agree, in fact I think we'd be crazy not to have him in the starting lineup. He plays a pretty sound defensive game, as you say, and he brings a lot more to the table than just being a guy who likes to drop the mitts... but we definitely need a guy who'll go through a wall for his teammates...
otherwise, we're in danger of being almost as wimpy as a couple of our other eastern rivals :laugh: right, wardog ;)

Dwight Schrute
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
after he stepped up to klotz last year i considered changing my name to vannFan. definatly a fan favorite around here