PDA

View Full Version : news on Stebner...

frontrow fan
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
was wondering if anyone had any news on whether he will play here this season or whats happening. He was at the super series game sitting with the rest of the team...which makes me wonder???? pass on any news if available??

SectionNDeserter
09-09-2007, 04:12 PM
was wondering if anyone had any news on whether he will play here this season or whats happening. He was at the super series game sitting with the rest of the team...which makes me wonder???? pass on any news if available??
My guess is that he will be kept on the roster, at least until the expected deal for a 19/20 year old defenseman is made.

RebelsFan
09-09-2007, 05:49 PM
I was told he played in Lethbridge last night and had an assist on the power play. I wouldn't put him on the trade block yet. I heard he played PK and power play with Jackson and they did quite well.

SectionNDeserter
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't say he is exactly on the trade block, but in the perfect situation that we get back all three of our overage forwards back, he could probably see some time on the team this season. If less than 3 of our overage forwards return, I am quite sure they will try to pick up a veteran defenseman via trade or from another free signing, which will make the blueline a little crowded for him to crack the lineup.