PDA

View Full Version : Wheaties re-assign 2

Brandonite
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
The Wheat Kings made a couple more cuts this afternoon sending forward Johnny Calkins to AAA and goalie Graham Hildebrand to AAA. The move leaves the Wheaties with just 12 forwards making me question some more that the team must be going after some veteran forwards. The team never carries just 12 forwards and McCrimmon said last week in the paper that he will be carrying 13 or maybe 14 forwards like every year. Unless Paul Ciarelli is sticking around...anyone know anything new?

WHEATMAN
09-10-2007, 09:01 PM
The Wheat Kings made a couple more cuts this afternoon sending forward Johnny Calkins to AAA and goalie Graham Hildebrand to AAA. The move leaves the Wheaties with just 12 forwards making me question some more that the team must be going after some veteran forwards. The team never carries just 12 forwards and McCrimmon said last week in the paper that he will be carrying 13 or maybe 14 forwards like every year. Unless Paul Ciarelli is sticking around...anyone know anything new?

I wouldn't be suprised if they assigned Calkins knowing that a deal could go down soon. Louis (and maybe a pick) for a veteren forward? But for who?

Brandonite
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if they assigned Calkins knowing that a deal could go down soon. Louis (and maybe a pick) for a veteren forward? But for who?

Me neither, everyone is aware that scoring is going to be a problem up front this year and obviously McCrimmon wont ignore that and we all know that! I wouldnt be surprised neither if Louis & someone else go for a forward of somekind. Does anyone know if Paul Ciarielli is stickin now or what?

booboo
09-10-2007, 09:57 PM
I was surprised that Calkins got sent down so soon.The Wheats only have 12 forwards which means they have no extras other than the 4 lines. We all know that you cannot count on no injuries. I hope we don't go back to the days when we couldn't dress 20 players due to a roster that is too small. I would think that one of the overagers and maybe Smith or Robinson will be traded for a 19 year potential goal scorer or another tough guy.Kelly may wait until some of the players from the Dub get back from pro camps in order to better see who is available.