PDA

View Full Version : Gdp 1/15 Spo @ Tc

Thunderbird107
01-15-2005, 04:15 PM
The Spokane Chiefs (14-20-7-1) visit the Tri-City Americans (15-19-4-2) in a pivotal U.S. division match-up.

The Chiefs, who are tied with the Americans for fourth in the U.S. division, have been idle since last Saturday’s 3-0 win over Medicine Hat and are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. The Chiefs are 5-14-1 on the road this season.

The Ams – deadlocked with Spokane for fourth in the division – were downed 3-1 by Seattle last night and have dropped four in a row. The Americans are 8-13-2 at home this season.

It’s the seventh meeting of the season between the Chiefs and Ams. Spokane has a 4-2 edge in the series.

90-91
01-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Stoesz and Hewitt! We could see Stoesz/Hewitt #3 next weekend.

How about an unbiased re-cap from a fan at the game? Boyle on the radio made it sound like a slight edge to Stoesz.

Looks like Hewitt has his hands full with the 17 yr. old Stoesz.

90-91
01-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Chiefs take over 4th. place, pick up 2 against the Tips tomorow boys!

upper level fan
01-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Maybe im dreaming, but looking at the standings if we can win tonight and both of them next weekend we could move close to second place. I think this U.S. division battle four 2nd thru 5th is going to be tighter than everyone thinks. And with the way everyone else has been playing I think Spokane has a great chance to move up past fourth in standings.

90-91
01-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Maybe im dreaming, but looking at the standings if we can win tonight and both of them next weekend we could move close to second place. I think this U.S. division battle four 2nd thru 5th is going to be tighter than everyone thinks. And with the way everyone else has been playing I think Spokane has a great chance to move up past fourth in standings.
I agree....it was the same way last year. I have no idea why TCA is struggling the way they are, but the Chiefs will take the points any day. Everett has me scratching my head too. The one thing I did notice last night was the awful defensive play by Everett in their own end, not typical Everett hockey, looking at their goals against.
I posted on the white board a couple weeks ago that Everett and TC are going to regret letting the Chiefs stay close.
Keeping my fingers crossed. :D

upper level fan
01-16-2005, 12:35 PM
I see on the white board a Tri-cities fan replied that Stoesz got rocked by Hewitt. I wonder if we will ever find out the real truth? I would say that Hewitt could have very easily beat him but I doubt that he kicked the crap out of him. Hopefully we get to see round three next weekend.

90-91
01-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I see on the white board a Tri-cities fan replied that Stoesz got rocked by Hewitt. I wonder if we will ever find out the real truth? I would say that Hewitt could have very easily beat him but I doubt that he kicked the crap out of him. Hopefully we get to see round three next weekend.
I find that a little hard to believe........Boyle (although a homer) called it a slight edge to Stoesz.....and listening to it on the radio, Boyle said Stoesz had Hewitt down to his knees and was throwing haymakers........doesn't sound like an a$$ kicking by Hewitt to me.
Hopefully some Spoke. fans made the trip and we'll see a different re-cap.....the truth will be somewhere in the middle :)
I'm with you........I can't wait for rd. 3 next weekend.