PDA

View Full Version : Tr-City and Saskatoon Exchange Forwards

Shortys
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
www.whl.ca

Tr-City and Saskatoon Exchange Forwards
Created: Sep 11, 2007
KENNEWICK, WA – Tri-City Americans’ general manager Bob Tory announced today that the team has acquired sixteen year-old forward Ryan Marshall from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for seventeen year-old forward Cody Wutzke.

Marshall, a 5’9 165 lbs right wing/center, collected 17 goals and 23 points in 38 games for the Parkland Rangers AAA Midget. The Ste. Rose, Manitoba-native was the Blades’ ninth round (183rd overall) pick in the 2006 Bantam Draft.

“Ryan is a speedy, creative forward who caught our eye at the 2006 Directors Cup and the 2007 Program of Excellence in Manitoba,” stated Tory. “We are pleased to add him to our program.”

Wutzke, a 6’2 210 lbs left wing/center, appeared in 33 games last season for the Saskatoon Blazers AAA Midget, registering 17 goals and 33 points along with 148 penalty minutes. In 2005, Tri-City selected Wutzke with their fifth round (87th overall) pick in the Bantam Draft.

“This gives Cody an opportunity to play in the League this year and compete closer to home,” Tory continued. “We thank him for his contributions and wish him all the best in Saskatoon.”

Tri-City Americans season ticket plans are now available for the 2007-08 season. Season ticket plans can be purchased by using several, convenient monthly payment schedules after a one-time service charge. Call 509.736.0606, visit AmsHockey.com or drop by the Americans offices’ at the bottom level of the Toyota Center for more information.

I didn't hear too much about Marshall during camp. Guess this is a perfect trade for us, getting another big forward who will be on the roster this year in exchange for a draft pick that was already cut this year. Good move Molleken, and our team is now stacked even more with Saskatchewan/Saskatoon born players!

hobster
09-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I think this was a chemistry trade, getting Wutzke could be a real smart trade as Wutzke Belyk and Braid played on the same line for the Saskatoon Contacts, but this also leaves us with 18 fowards now, tells me that with all of our depth on foward we arent done trading yet, maybe a veteran 19 year old defenceman is in the works i sure hope so .

Trav
09-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Never noticed Marshall at camp. Hearing that Wutzke has chemistry with Braid and Belyk should be a positive seeing how both Braid and Belyk will be on this year's team.

GHOST
09-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Hopefully he can contribute, and help make the Blades a playoff team. I would hope we didn't give up too much potential, for a mediocre forward.