PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket holder pick up party??

Section C rules
09-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a Season Ticket pick up party like there was last year??

Carebear
09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a Season Ticket pick up party like there was last year??

I heard it's on Sunday.
But don't quote me on that.

GF71
09-12-2007, 01:11 PM

Yes, on the 16th. You should've seen your letter/invite in the mail already. I'd call the office if you don't have it yet.

Section C rules
09-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Awsome, thanks, I will call them because we haven't got anything.
Cheers!

dondo
09-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm working that afternoon (anybody know if its a morning thing?) .. not sure if its a good or a bad thing to miss the STH pick-up as the "party" has been less than stellar in recent years.

I'd love to see them have the used equipment sale again, and maybe something other than just a hot dog, no place to sit and possibly a pop, but that's what we'll probably get again.

scrunt
09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I got a week's worth of mail out of my mailbox yesterday and there was the invite.

They are under-promising this year, so it will be even harder for them to under-deliver! Hold onto your hats for...

- an autograph session
- free food and drinks
- "advance" purchase opportunity on limited edition 2007 Memorial Cup merchandise and exclusive season ticket holder items, and
- 40% off "select" Giants merchandise.

All this rammed into two hours from noon to 2 pm!

This works perfectly for me, as I have to hit the ice at 8 Rinks at 1:30 pm anyway, so I can stop in on the way, pick up the tix, and be on my way without hanging around waiting for nothing to happen. Might even have time for a pre-game hot dog.

BTW, no mention of the Memorial Cup ring. Maybe it will be hidden in the envelope with the tickets, just like a toy in a box of cereal. What fun!

Knuckles Muldoon
09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
BTW, no mention of the Memorial Cup ring. Maybe it will be hidden in the envelope with the tickets, just like a toy in a box of cereal. What fun!

Naw, you get the Captain Midnight Decoder Ring™ when you send in 3 box tops from your favourite cereal. Reasonable facsimiles accepted!

dondo
09-17-2007, 01:56 AM
apparently it was crap yet again and even more so ... when will these guys ever learn??

I am very glad that I did not attend this year, because my blood pressure shouldn't really get much higher.

alright spill it folks how bad was it?

Giantsfan
09-17-2007, 02:29 AM
All I really have to say about it was that this had to be the most people to ever attend such an uneventful event. Ya, they had the dogs & pop, but the funny thing was that at least 1/2 the players, were either at NHL camps or doing some community service stuff. Mostly, the rookies or new acquisitions were there to sign a poster that they aren't even on. LOL Poor timing to say the least. Either way, I don't really care as I didn't expect it to be some magical moment or anything to special.
I picked up my tickets, downed a couple of dogs & a pop, got Hunt's autograph, then went home.