PDA

View Full Version : your favorite and least favorite whl logos

Fight Guy
01-20-2005, 07:57 PM
So...what are your favs and what are the worst???

My favourite jerseys are Red Deer's thirds with the 'R' and Moose Jaw's new whites that are like their old ones. I also really like Calgary's 10th Anniversary jerseys.

Favourite logos would have to be Lethbridge's and the Blades' new third jersey logo. Definetly cool.

Worst jerseys...Kootenay's Capitals jerseys. Never liked those. And the new Blazers whites are really ugly I think. I like their blue/orange ones though.

Worst logos...The Kootenay Ice logo and the Winter Hawks logo...not because they "copied" Chicago (please don't explain to me, I already know), but I've just never really liked the logo.

What about you guys?

RunTheGoalie
01-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I've never liked any jersey that copies an NHL team entirely. It's one thing to mimic the striping, but to mimic the striping and colors? Show some creativity!

I dont like the Blades logo. What the hell is that thing?

Tiger Trauma
01-21-2005, 12:32 PM
I didn't like the Calgary hitmans old jersey ...you know that pink thing?

Sput
01-21-2005, 12:40 PM
It is simply hideous. That goofy looking dragon thing staring at you. I know its supposed to be Ogoopogo, but that thing just looks stupid.

I do like the Rebles thirds. I saw them on TV or somewhere and thought they looked prett sharp. And again I agree whith the Calgary logos. Like the anniversary one, hated the old one with the pink. How do you take a hockey team seriously that has pink on their uniforms? I'm also going to be biased here and say I really like the new Cougars logo. The big cat looks a little tougher, and its just got a bit more style.

IceMan
01-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Love the Hitmen 10th Anniversary Jersey
Also, the Giants 3rd.
As a homer, I'm partial to the Silvertips Green ones, too.

Agreed on the earlier point, I think that there should be a law against using NHL Replica Jerseys with WHL Team Logos on them. Get creative, guys! Even my stupid mens rec-league team has custom jerseys .... only $200 for a set, what team can't afford $200 per player for ORIGINAL sweaters?

mccabe23
01-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Actually, I like the third jersey logo of the Rockets. I like it better then their other jersey logo.

As for the best jersey/logo, It's a toss up between the Calgary Hitmen and the Red Deer Rebels.

As for the worst, Kamloops hands down. I miss their old jerseys. :eek:

ScottyWazz
01-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm probably the only one, but I'm not down with the 10th Anny Hitmen jerseys. I just don't like it. The third one is a little better looking and simple. I like Red Deer's logo for sure. It's very original and suits the area well.

kelownakarl
01-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I love Vancouvers 3rds, the grey ones. Those are awesome. Also The Medicine Hat Tigers have great jerseys.

The_Vulk
01-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I am definately one who dislikes any jersey which has the name on it instead of an actual logo, or just a letter.

Horrid!

After that, the BLADES zamboney (sp?). ~YUCK~
The dagger is by far much better!

It is too bad Lethbridge no longer has the rights to use the Tazmanian Devil as part of their logo. That was a cool concept. It sure sold alot of merchandise!

Rebel66
01-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Perhaps I'm a bit of a homer but I like the Rebels logo the best, with their black jersey being my favourite. I'm slowly getting to like the red third jersey's with the big R. At first I was not a fan of the jersey at all.

As for other teams, I've always liked the Broncos road jerseys and logo. Like the Giants third jersey too. Very sharp.

Dislike the Blades logo the most. I cannot believe anybody actually choose that as a logo. I mean if they had a choice how bad were the others that they had to choose from?

Fight Guy
01-22-2005, 03:08 PM
I am definately one who dislikes any jersey which has the name on it instead of an actual logo, or just a letter.

Horrid!

After that, the BLADES zamboney (sp?). ~YUCK~
The dagger is by far much better!

It is too bad Lethbridge no longer has the rights to use the Tazmanian Devil as part of their logo. That was a cool concept. It sure sold alot of merchandise!
I was never really a fan of Taz being apart of the logo. I like their new ones alot better.

And like I said before, I really like Red Deer's thirds. One reason is because it reminds me of the St. Michael's Majors of the OHL. They are by far my favoutire jerseys with the big 'M'.

Check'em out...

http://www.stmichaelsmajors.com/hm/

Billy Blade
01-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Dislike the Blades logo the most. I cannot believe anybody actually choose that as a logo. I mean if they had a choice how bad were the others that they had to choose from?

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/images/rosterlogos.gif

Just an FYI... that's a front end loader, not a Zamboni. We don't even have a Zamboni at our rink, it's an Olympia Ice Machine. :p

The Brodsky family built their fortune on construction, and the Blades have always been looked upon as a blue collar, lunch bucket carrying, hard-working team. That's why they decided upon the front-end loader. Personally I prefer the third jerseys and am not a huge fan of the main jersey either, but it's really not as bad as it's made out to be here. :)

RDRebelsfan
01-22-2005, 09:43 PM
I like the Rebels Logo's and Jersey's the best, not trying to be biased or anything. I also like the Canes jersey's with their logo.

worst would have to be that rockets 3rd logo that stupid looking logo and as far as a jersey goes I'm not high on the new blazers.

grumphy
01-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Tigers in last nights game unvailed thier new thirds--------back to the original 70's------brought back a lot of memories

C.F
01-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Well in my slightly bias opinion, the Giants away and third jerseys are among the best in the CHL.

Fight Guy
01-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Tigers in last nights game unvailed thier new thirds--------back to the original 70's------brought back a lot of memories Do you know where I could find pictures of the new jerseys? I would really like to see them.

Beaner
01-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I've always Liked Red Deers jersey/ Logo.

Worst jerseys are those from Europeon Hockey Teams. They may as well make them wear sandwich boards.

I sure as heck hope that never ends up happening here.

rinkrat
01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Brandon wheat kings

ihlemic10
01-23-2005, 10:12 PM
I haven't seen many jerysey's but I don't like the Spokane Red away jersey's. If you ask me those things are ugly. I do kinda like the Giants away ones though.

kelownakarl
01-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Well in my slightly bias opinion, the Giants away and third jerseys are among the best in the CHL.

Those 3rds have got to be the best ones in the league. A real awesome jersey. Love it.

a7x
01-24-2005, 03:59 AM
After seeing them tonight, the Giants 3rd jersey is BY FAR the best looking jersey in the league.

I also like Medicine Hats, Everetts, Calgarys anniversary, and Kamloops' new jerseys.

Fight Guy
01-24-2005, 10:48 AM
I forgot the Cougars got thirds this year. They are also pretty nice.

Orv
01-24-2005, 02:08 PM
I dig Calgary's third jerseys. Just the simple black with the freaky mask. I also like the Broncos third jerseys. I'm not a fan of Prince George's uni's though.

kelownakarl
01-24-2005, 06:08 PM
I dig Calgary's third jerseys. Just the simple black with the freaky mask. I also like the Broncos third jerseys. I'm not a fan of Prince George's uni's though.

Yes that Hitmen mask is pretty cool. I like it.

Kamloops new ones are pretty neat. I didnt like them at first but theyre growing on me.

Bob in Everett
01-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Grey and Black, the best I have seen in my limited time in the WHL.

allkiller
01-25-2005, 02:12 AM
Giants have the best third.
I heard (from friend in Kamloops who saw game yesterday) that the Cougers 3rds basically take the giants colors, change the stripes and add an angry couger on the front, if so i dont like the concept.
Blades have the worst main jerseys with the front loader thingy which looks like a lawnmower gone haywire. Their thirds with the blade is way way better.

Rebel66
01-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Those 3rds have got to be the best ones in the league. A real awesome jersey. Love it.

I was really impressed with Vancouvers 3rds on seeing them in Red Deer. I've got to agree that they're easily the best thirds I've seen in the league. Possibly the best jersey period. Rebels logo is better though.... :D

wango tango
01-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Like - Blades 3rd, Rebels home whites, Wheaties road jerseys, and I know it's an NHL knockoff still the Winterhawks road blacks.

Not liking so much - Blades everyday mutant combine, Kelowna's ogopogo dragon what-cha-ma-call-it, Kamloops (had nice uni's).

raiderfan10
01-25-2005, 06:06 PM
what do vancouvers 3rds look like anyone got a link to them?

Fight Guy
01-25-2005, 06:31 PM
https://www.giantsmerch.com/images/products/3rdjersey_real.jpg

https://www.giantsmerch.com/images/products/3rdjersey.jpg

HAF
01-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Call me biased but the Am's new jersey is a good lookin' son of a gun!!!! The eagle with the hockey stick just looks pretty cool. Also, You cant beat the colors!!!!
I also like Everetts jersey. Great color scheme and logo!

The_Vulk
01-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Call me biased but the Am's new jersey is a good lookin' son of a gun!!!! The eagle with the hockey stick just looks pretty cool.
I don't know.

I rather liked the previous one, with the Eagle's head looking at you from within that circle with the American stripes in the background.

The current Eagle looks to cartoonist, IMO.

HAF
01-29-2005, 08:04 PM
I liked the old one too but I prefer the new one. It looks like a more aggressive eagle to me... I like Kootenays jersey from last year with the sasquach looking guy on it. That one is pretty sharp too.

Teaps
01-29-2005, 08:33 PM
I really Like the Rocket New Thirds...Also dislike the Giants 3rd and hate that red deer Big R one......

In the crowd
01-30-2005, 02:57 AM
My Picks for jerseys I like would have to be, Kamloops old jerseys, home and away, Lethbridges Away, Ice's all three, and Giants thirds. Dislikes are Blades home and away (Like the thirds though), Kelowna thirds (worst in the league in my opinion), and it might be just me but i've never been a fan of Red Deer's jerseys, although I like there thirds.

Fight Guy
01-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Super Nice...

http://www.whljerseys.com/Chris/images/friesen-f_JPG.jpg

Not so super nice...

http://www.whljerseys.com/Chris/images/moran-f_JPG.jpg

OHLArenaGuide
01-30-2005, 04:14 PM
I always loved the Blazers' unis until they messed them up this year.

The Tigers look nice as well.

aknarab
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
gotta love seattle's alternative

good 'ol Gags showing it off (http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/hockeystore/jerseys/large_replicaalt.jpg)

Kamfan
01-31-2005, 09:44 PM
gotta love seattle's alternative

good 'ol Gags showing it off (http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/hockeystore/jerseys/large_replicaalt.jpg)
http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/hockeystore/jerseys/large_replicaalt.jpg

Nice.

aknarab
01-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Nice.

oh you know it. ;)

and you gotta love the plaid pj pants. :cool:

Triton
01-31-2005, 11:28 PM
That is the first time I've seen those and I absolutely love em.Very sharp.

Knuckle Chucker
02-02-2005, 11:30 AM
The Raiders new 3rd is sweet. For sure in the top 5 league wide. Too bad they are only using them for one game this year. However I am sure they will become the regular 3rd next year

http://www.raiderhockey.com

Furback
02-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I like moosejaws Jerseys just cause they are like the sabres

Billy Blade
02-02-2005, 05:44 PM
I like moosejaws Jerseys just cause they are like the sabres

Which is exactly why I don't like them... :p

Go Flyers! :laugh:

Fight Guy
02-02-2005, 06:00 PM
I agree on that one. Sucks when teams use NHL jerseys. I hope they switch back to old style ones like their whites this year.

bruinsr#1
09-13-2007, 05:26 PM
my favorite is the kooteny ice
my least favorite is regina pats

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
My favorite Logo: Kamloops
Least Favorite Logo: Tri Cities

SectionNDeserter
09-13-2007, 05:36 PM
For me it is probably a 3 way tie between Medicine Hat, Portland, and the Rebels 3rd jersey for the most ugly/least imaginative jersey (my least favorite).

I like the most recent Swift Current jerseys, and Chilliwack's are a close second.

AMSRocker
09-14-2007, 02:25 AM
I'll be a homer but I just love all 3 of the AMS jerseys right now! That is a puls for my team! punk rock I also like the S.C. "Iron Horse" road blue (not the one of the horse busting out the front but the one facing sideways). I also liked the blue and yellow Bulldozer Blades jersey as well as the road black Wheat Kings with the yellow pinstripes down the arms!!! SHARP!!!!

Dislikes:
That UGLY gray Spokane 3rd jersey. Hell most of their fans hate them!!! :skeptical Also them road red Rockets jerseys were BAD! Boogaard'd The Cougers could use some work too on all theirs... :skeptical

WestLEAFfan
09-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Fav -- The old Blades Pacman jersey with a close second vote to the Wheaties black jerseys.

Worst -- The old Raider jerseys.

Rebel Tiger
09-15-2007, 03:59 AM
It is simply hideous. That goofy looking dragon thing staring at you. I know its supposed to be Ogoopogo, but that thing just looks stupid.

I thought they were decent if not a great uniform the simplicity of them and the brightness, also the Ogo Pogo (Dragon thing) is a good link to kelowna with the myth surrounding the area of Ogo Pogo.

Rebel Tiger
09-15-2007, 04:04 AM
Just an FYI... that's a front end loader, not a Zamboni. We don't even have a Zamboni at our rink, it's an Olympia Ice Machine.

When the logo was released ti was clearly explained to be one of the pre-zamboni Ice scraper blades. Simmilar to a ront end loader crossed with a grater/snow plow.

I personally think its a horrid logo and the lew sword logo is awesome.

Rebel Tiger
09-15-2007, 04:06 AM
Tigers in last nights game unvailed thier new thirds--------back to the original 70's------brought back a lot of memories

They just made the existing retro jerseys their thirds and got rid of the got awful fling comic tiger ones. About time!

LifelongChiefsFan
09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I'll be a homer but I just love all 3 of the AMS jerseys right now! That is a puls for my team! punk rock I also like the S.C. "Iron Horse" road blue (not the one of the horse busting out the front but the one facing sideways). I also liked the blue and yellow Bulldozer Blades jersey as well as the road black Wheat Kings with the yellow pinstripes down the arms!!! SHARP!!!!

Dislikes:
That UGLY gray Spokane 3rd jersey. Hell most of their fans hate them!!! :skeptical Also them road red Rockets jerseys were BAD! Boogaard'd The Cougers could use some work too on all theirs... :skeptical

The Chiefs' third jersey were probably the biggest abomination in the history of hockey jerseys. Those things were horrid. I don't think they wear those anymore, but I only went to 2 Chiefs home games last season so I'm not 100% sure about that.

As for the thread, someone did a good job of digging to find this! I am a fan of the older logos in the league like Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Regina, Moose Jaw etc (I know I am missing some). There's a reason those logos have been around for 20 years, or more in some cases. They work.

As a final note, I was surprised looking at a number of people who liked Everett's jersey. I guess the whites are okay, but I've never been a fan of the logo or of the shade of green they use. JMO