PDA

View Full Version : Geordie Wudrick

Big Ern
09-13-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm sure everyone on the forum who subscribes to the CHL's weekly email with news and notes, has seen this already. I got my email today, and discovered this little tidbit:

.................................................. .......

22 PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR IN 2007-2008

Geordie Wudrick - Swift Current Broncos
Hometown: Abbotsford, B.C
D.O.B: April 9, 1990
Ht: 6’ 2” Wt: 196 Pos: LW
2006-07 Season: 67gp-13g-11a-24pts
Draft: Eligible ‘08

A high Bantam Draft pick for the Broncos in 2005, Wudrick broke in as a 16-year-old rookie and performed well, scoring 13 goals and finishing second among Broncos’ freshmen in points. An all-around talented player, Wudrick has the size to be a physical force, as well as very good puck skills, vision and scoring ability. He played for Canada’s Under-18 team this summer, picking up one point and four penalty minutes. With a year of WHL experience under his belt and an expected bigger role with the team, Wudrick is set for a breakout season, and should garner plenty of attention from NHL scouts heading toward the 2008 NHL draft.

.................................................. ...............................................

Very interesting. I certainly think Geordie Wudrick will live up to expectations.

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
I also received the CHL mail. Wudrick definately has the size and the raw talent to breakout this season, but we'll see if he can put it together on the ice. He shouldnt have any trouble getting ice time either

CrazyGeorge
09-13-2007, 10:11 PM
We have some quality leaders up front...Wudrick, Nelson, Weise, and Smith...these guys will be leading the act up front. Whether having great camps in Swift or gaining experience by going to pro camps, these guys, among others, will make for some solid forwards for the coming season. I'm really not sure who's going to be the final few to be released or reassigned or even get traded...it's up in the air right now. I have my opinions as to who might but I've only seen one game (MJ) and no practices...I'm basing a lot on what I know from last season and what you guys have all said up to this point.