PDA

View Full Version : Avs send Burki to the AHL

Triton
09-14-2007, 10:59 AM
http://avalanche.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=336465

It may be a long shot but maybe he'll be sent back here.

STS44
09-16-2007, 11:00 AM
It is usual for a player to be sent to AHL farm team first if he is eligible - then after that a return to Junior is always possible. Seems like they sent Burki back to the AHL pretty quick so perhaps there is a chance the WK's can get him back as an OA.

sbtatter
09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
It is usual for a player to be sent to AHL farm team first if he is eligible - then after that a return to Junior is always possible. Seems like they sent Burki back to the AHL pretty quick so perhaps there is a chance the WK's can get him back as an OA.
He was in Wpg on Thursday, my friend saw him at blockbuster. He was on a cell phone talking about someone getting traded to PA.
I can't believe the Avs demoted him so quickly, now he's under contract why wouldn't they at least keep him around main camp to work with him? Makes you wonder why they signed him to the max amount of the rookie salary.

Brandonite
09-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Look at guys like Monych & Konsorada who both signed deals with their respected clubs and after they turned pro (21) spent the majority of their time in the ECHL. I think if a player is going to play in the East Coast and is only 20, you should send them back to Junior where they will be a star and just a better situation. I think Burki & Reaves are guys you could see back in Brandon but no chance on Plante, Kohn or Simek. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kohn on the Long Island to start the season...