PDA

View Full Version : Jyri Niemi

WHL Crazy
09-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I was at the Blades/Raiders game last night and you guys have a kid that has one hell of a shot. I think it has been a long while since I've seen a 17 yr old defenseman rip em like that from the point. Not only does he have a cannon on the PP, he also has great size at 6'2 210lbs and is only 17! I think the Blades found a huge asset and a player who will go in the top 2-3 rounds of the NHL draft this year. WOW was I impressed.

hobster
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree i was listening to the game and man oh man that guys arms must be sore today, he is not afraid too put the puck on net, if this guy can keep it up losing brad cole might not be such a big deal afterall.

WHL Crazy
09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
On the other hand, I feel that the 19 yr old Euro Brandis may be hard pressed to make the Blades team and if another euro becomes available from Everett or someone I think the Blades should look at that option. He doesn't have a very hard shot and his skating is very average for a 19 yr old player.

hobster
09-14-2007, 01:20 PM
thing is with evertett don't they have 2 20 year old euro fowards that wouldn't be good for the blades if anything we need a solid 19 year old d-man and we should be set the trade bait might be pretty high for zemlak right now

WHL Crazy
09-14-2007, 01:23 PM
If I were the Blades, I would drop Brandis and Patterson and add Fiala if he came available. The Blades have enough defenseman on the roster who can do what patterson could do and it wouldn't be a problem slipping in McPherson into patterson's spot as they would do about the same I feel.

hobster
09-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Give brandis a little more time he hasnt even been with the linemates he's gonna play with in the reg season it might take him awile liek it did with bahensky i think they might have simaller games

WHL Crazy
09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
From what I've seen of Brandis is nothing like Bahensky. I think that 20 yr old dman the Blades picked up though is a garbage addition really and takes a spot away from a good 17-18 yr old that can do a simular job out there. I guarantee to you that the Blades will not keep that player past October 11th.

hobster
09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I guess we'll waite and see

Shortys
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
How much time do we give Brandis though?? Bahensky had more seasons to get into the grove of the north american game. Brandis is 19, probably wont be keeping him as a 20, so this is probably his only season as a Blade, he needs to get into a grove quick imo. Seeing him play he has potential and hopefully he will put up some points.

Niemi is going to go far with us, Molleken told him to shoot the puck when he got it, and what did he do.... he shot the puck, over and over, thats the type of player we need on the PP.

hobster
09-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Ok first things first jyri niemi is a star but if he celebrates the way he does after goals all season long someone is gonna take his head off he really show boats his goals

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-27-2007, 09:10 AM
who won the big fight?
The big fight did not involve Neimi so why did you post that question in this thread? You kind of disrupted the conversation, Ok just to answer your question Klotz landed more big punches(so I would give him the edge) but Ryley Grantham held his own because he did not get knocked down. I know you are going to have something to say about that too right?

I also think Neimi should tone it down a bit after he scores a goal,and by the looks of it he is going to score a fair amount this season. Great job that the Blades staff did in finding this guy and to boot he is only 17 years old.

Shortys
09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Whats wrong with being really excited and wanting to celebrate scoring a goal??? Especially for him being an import, I see nothing wrong with his goal celebration, it pumps the team up.

howley
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
the fight was called a draw by Les Lazaruk. On the radio it didn't sound like anyone landed any huge haymakers, lots of punches but nothing real damaging from either player.

As far as Niemi, he should be excited to be getting his first few goals. Atleast we know he cares right :)

hobster
09-27-2007, 11:40 AM
k he should be excited on his first ever whl goal, but on his second goal he did the same thing he scored and pumped his fists and skated backwords into his own zone, i just thought it was a little much.