PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs complete perfect preseason

LifelongChiefsFan
09-15-2007, 03:13 AM
Anyone else as excited for this season as I am? It's been about 4 years since any Chiefs team has shown this much promise. Bring on the Cougars!

Short article on yesterday's game

http://www.spokanechiefs.com/news/?ID=1828

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Judd Blackwater’s hat-trick was more than enough to help Spokane to a 6-0 win over the Tri-City Americans on the final pre-season game of the year for the Chiefs. Spokane finished the pre-season with a 6-0 record, outscoring their opponents by a margin of 29-9. Spokane allowed more than one goal in just two of the six games.

Blackwater’s first was the lone goal of the opening period, 11:51 in. David Rutherford’s forechecking forced a Tri-City turnover behind their net and popped the puck out to Blackwater who backhanded it home.

Spokane scored three times in the second, once each by Ondrej Roman, Blackwater and Justin Falk, who crashed the net on a two-on-one set up by Chris Bruton.

Blackwater finished off his night at 16:41 of the third, from Roman and Jared Spurgeon, 29-seconds before Jace Coyle tallied at 17:10 for the final goal of the night. Mitch Wahl and Levko Koper earned the assists.

Kevin Armstrong and Dustin Tokarski combined for the shutout making a total of 13 saves. Armstrong stared the night and made eight stops while Tokarski faced only five shots, three in the third. The Chiefs had 30 shots on the night.

The Chiefs kick off the 2007-08 regular season in Prince George with back-to-back road games against the Cougars. Spokane will play five road games before opening the season at home. Mike Boyle will go on the air with Comcast Hockey Tonight on KJRB 790 the Fan at 6:30 on Friday to preview the game and the season. The puck will drop on both Friday and Saturday night at 7:00.

After two weeks and five games of travel, the Chiefs will begin the home portion of the schedule on Saturday, October 6th against Tri-City with Bud Light Opening Night and Magnet Schedule Giveaway presented by the Black Book by Hagadone Directories. The game will be the second half of a home-and-home with the Americans as Spokane will help Tri-City open their season the Friday before. Sixteen times in the last 18 years the Chiefs and Americans have opened the season in Spokane.

HAF
09-17-2007, 11:36 AM
That was an UGGGGGLLLLLLLYYYYY game!

LifelongChiefsFan
09-18-2007, 01:42 AM

I would imagine so, well at least for Ams fans anyway. Fast coming back should make a big difference though. Obviously he can't do everything himself but he should provide a good veteran presence for the crop of very young D-men.

Jimmypop316
09-18-2007, 05:23 AM

From an ams stand point, my goodness yea. They controlled the game for about the first five minutes and pretty much disappeared after all that.

It was ridiculus watching that fast of play on such a small rink. Used to being out there in the rec teams and it just cruising along at its nice pace. We were just sitting there blown away by the pace of the game on that size of a rink

HAF
09-18-2007, 10:00 PM
From an ams stand point, my goodness yea. They controlled the game for about the first five minutes and pretty much disappeared after all that.

It was ridiculus watching that fast of play on such a small rink. Used to being out there in the rec teams and it just cruising along at its nice pace. We were just sitting there blown away by the pace of the game on that size of a rink

Yeah, it was kind of an ice cube tray..lol. Do you know the demensions at the Eagles? I wish I'd have known you were there. I like putting faces with names, I was the guy in the Minnesota Wild jacket.

Jimmypop316
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, it was kind of an ice cube tray..lol. Do you know the demensions at the Eagles? I wish I'd have known you were there. I like putting faces with names, I was the guy in the Minnesota Wild jacket.

I was sitting on the end of the rink to the right of the Ams bench with some people.. I don't even remember what I was wearing but it sure wasn't enough to keep me warm.