PDA

View Full Version : Dominance

Scout
09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Switzer's Blog
The online presence of radio personality Ryan Switzer
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Dominance!

This post is kind of a dollar short and a day late.

What a performance by the Broncos in Kindersley! 5-0 win over Regina. I have never seen such a dominating Bronco performance...ever. While I refuse to get too jacked over a pre-season game, one has to be optimistic about Swift pummeling the Pat's who had their A list forwards dressed. Pat's fans will argue that the absence of goalie Linden Rowat, and d-men Nick Ross and Logan Pyett were a factor. One has to keep in mind Swift scored five goals without Brady Leovold, Kyle Bortis and Levi Nelson, not to mention d-men Ryan Molle and Derek Claffey weren't dressed either.

Random thoughts:

-Everytime I think 18 year old Grant Toulmin may be a casualty of the talent/youth numbers, he scores a NICE goal.

-I LIKE our blueline. So much mobility tempered with Molle and Larochelle.

-Travis Yonkman did not allow a goal in the preseason. In Kindersley they should have charged him admission as he was a spectator.

-I kept getting Mike Brown and Brad Hoban mixed up. One wore 33 one wore 36, same size, both good.

-Wudrick/Stieler/Weise looked great together. So did Dalecky/Zack Smith and Justin Dowling. Both those lines looked like top lines. Matt Tassone played well too. Tassone has an edge this year we didn't see much of before.

-I enjoyed broadcasting in Kindersley. Lots of WHL broadcasters think they've outgrown rinks like that and say "never again". I think some of these divas who have grown used to catered media rooms and comprehensive stat packages owe it to themselves to call a game in that type of atmosphere. Doing play by play seated between the other teams broadcaster and the PA announcer. Sweet!

-I liked the fact that no one in Kinderlsey had heard my material before. When I said the classic "smooth as a bikini wax" it got a big laugh in the booth. It was nice working for an audience that hasn't heard my stuff for the last five years.

-One more shameless radio plug: The BEST THING YOU WILL HEAR ON WHL RADIO THIS YEAR IS THE BRONCOS 1ST PERIOD INTRO. It will play every game just before puck drop. Keen produced a beauty with the help of players from the roster.

CrazyGeorge
09-16-2007, 10:48 PM
I"m thinking the lines mentioned by Scout will probably stick together come regular season I'm thinking.

Wudrick/Steiler/Weise
Dalacky/Smith/Dowling

Each those lines gives elements of speed, size, offense/defense capabilities.
If this is the case and these lines do stick together, what are the other 2 lines going to look like. Nelson, Bortis, Leavold, Eakin, Hoban, Toulmin, Tassone, Gervais, Brown, and Foucault. I'm really not sure who will make the squad and who will make up the other two lines if indeed these two lines stick together. Any other combo's look good with the players remaining? The more the preseason goes on, for some reason the more I think there could be a deal or two made because of how well the players have been playing. Thoughts on anything?

dtnewbie_bronco
09-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Glad the boys played well in Kindersly. I'm excited to see Wudrick, he's bound for a breakout year. It wouldn't surprise me if he got 70 points this year. I still think we need to trade for a top line forward. This could be our year if we could get another guy that will bank 30+ goals for us. What are your thoughts? :groovy:

Believer
09-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm just waiting for soemone to say "maybe i'm wrong about Dean. Maybe he DOES have a system here."

Not you Ern, you have ALWAYS been a proud supporter. But I know it is still soon to tell, but maybe there actually WAS/IS a "method behind the madness" that everyone was so quick to threaten to jump ship if Dean was rehired. Where are the critics now? hmmmm? Go Broncos !

CHtoo
09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
The detractors will reappear as soon as the Broncos lose two in a row.
The wait for the refurbished rink will be well worth it.

Believer
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
no doubt. The rink is going to be sweet. It ALWAYS was a better rink than in MJ, for sure. But it will be fun to watch those who can't go 2 games of losing without wanting blood ! so, unless Deanno can go undefeated this year, it'll happen. Looks like a good turn out for the fan bus ! sweet ! Does anyone know if both MJ and Broncos will have everyone by then?