PDA

View Full Version : Time to trade Ellerby

KSA
09-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Looking at the Pre-season, we are strong on the back end with what we have. For the Blazers to go anywhere this year we need scoring. To get something of value, you have to give up value, and that is Ell's. Package him up with Golan and get some scoring and a 16 year old prospect on D. Its time Vancouver chases us

scamperdog
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Looking at the Pre-season, we are strong on the back end with what we have. For the Blazers to go anywhere this year we need scoring. To get something of value, you have to give up value, and that is Ell's. Package him up with Golan and get some scoring and a 16 year old prospect on D. Its time Vancouver chases us
Did Golan do anything in preseason? Yes now is the time to trade Ellerby, maybe also package him with Butler and maybe get a top forward, The teams defence should be very good this year, goaltending as always is a question mark, and if things click up front they should be able to put up a lot of goals, this team should be able to battle Van for the division and come out on top, but only time will tell, and then the playoffs, the dreaded playoffs

Giantsfan
09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
The Blazers were getting some rave reviews on the radio here Sunday, but I don't know much about them. I still think the Gmen will end up in 1st about 20 points on 2nd place.

MJCO5
09-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I think there are going to be a lot of giants fans in for a shock this year when the Giants find themselfs chasing the Blazers all year long only to finish second. I really think there is a lot more hype about the giants then there should be. They are still good, But Repeat I don't think so.

Now About Ellerby, I have been saying trade him ever since he cracked the roster(Scamperdog can confirm this). He makes stupid mistakes, takes stupid penalties, provides little offense, and refuses to use his size to his advantage. He has been highly over ranked and it's going to be a long time before you see him in a Panthers Jersey. Anyways I say just trade him already.

Giantsfan
09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Repeat as what, division Champs or Mem Cup champs?

MJCO5
09-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Repeat as either