PDA

View Full Version : Alzner returns from Caps Camp

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Calgary Hitmen General Manager and Head Coach Kelly Kisio announced today the return of defenceman Karl Alzner from NHL Camp.

Alzner is set to enter his fourth full season with the Hitmen and was a first round pick (5th overall) of the Washington Capitals during the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Looks like Pierre McGuire's accessment that Karl Alzner was a heavy favorite to crack the Caps opening day NHL roster was nothing more than just that an accessment. Their is nobody that i want to stangle more than Pierre McGuire in professional broadcasting, one second he'll be broadcasting the game and then he goes into little rants about god knows what, it drives me off the wall. But i had to point out that he was wrong as always haha

Brandonite
09-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah I heard him say that as well...he drives me nuts too but he knows his stuff! Good to see Alzner return

RunTheGoalie
09-19-2007, 06:29 PM
The Caps are not a great team this year, and are probably still a year or two away from being a good team. Why burn a year of Alzner's entry level contract? It makes logical sense for him to be a dominant player in the WHL and at the WJHCs than be a lower pair guy in Washington. Better for his long term development.