PDA

View Full Version : Colton Gillies

Brandonite
09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Has he been sent back yet or is he still in Minnesota?

Scout
09-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Still up with the Wild.

Scout

hobster
09-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Well what im hearing from global sportsline is that Gillies and Klotz both might be back in early october, McCrae should be back for this weekend.

Brandonite
09-18-2007, 05:39 AM
How does a guy like Glotz get drafted in the 3rd round and stick at their camp for so long? He has like 5 points total in 2 years and not a massive alot of PIM. What is so great about this guy?

hobster
09-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey i was everybit as suprised when i even saw him drafted let alone in the third round, maybe they like him cause he doesn't take alot of dumb penalty's only too fight and thats it, he is a good agitater against the oposition and gets under the skin of aalot of players, and he has the size for the nhl, the one thing i thought that would keep him back is his skating for sure, and i heard that his skating has improved from last season so thats a nice bonus.

Tidball
09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
But Klotz has a ton of potentail and the Flyers saw that. You WILL see a different Klotz this season if the Flyers return him.

Brandonite
09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
But Klotz has a ton of potentail and the Flyers saw that. You WILL see a different Klotz this season if the Flyers return him.

The Flyers will for sure send him back, that would be the biggest shock in all of Canadian Hockey if he didnt come back!! lol...I guess every team looks for different players and Klotz is a role player

WHEATMAN
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Potential? Klotz? unfortunetly the only potential he has is that he can fight, that's it, and his potential is maxed out in that category already. A 10 point season by him would be a huge suprise. As far as I am concerned players whose only roll is dropping the gloves, don't belong in the game, but that is neither here nor there.

penman
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF PLAYERS IN THE Ahl WHO CAN SKATE SHOOT AND FIGHT,i THINK SOMEONE SCOUTING FOR THE WILD IS ABOUT TO LOSE THERE JOB. AND SO THEY SHOULD TIME WILL TELL BUT I THINK I AM RIGHT. LETS HAVE THIS TALK IN JAN. GOOD LUCK MR. KLOTZ.BY THE WAY GO COLTEN GO YOU ARE A CLASS PLAYER YOU WILL DO GREAT AND SAY HI TO YOUR MOM AND DAD

howley
09-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Why would someone in the Wild organization lose their job over scouting and drafting Klotz? Now that would be a shocker! Firing personal for other teams poor draft choices. There never will be job security in hockey if that is the case.

hobster
09-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Klotz is with philie and i just watched the news klotz has got sent back so he will be in the lineup for friday, but im hearing that mccrae and gillies might not be back untill cot 10th, wich is really strange those guys can stay so long, but holzapfel gets sent back so quick go figure.

Brandonite
09-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Atlanta is smart...why keep a player like Holzapfel around if you really dont plan on keeping him the whole year. Send him back to Junior where he can be a star and light it up from the start and get used to his new team mates. Keeping a guy like Klotz around in Philly is stupid...you know they're not going to keep him the whole year so just send him back!! I agree with WheatMan for saying a guy like Klotz is only a guy who fights here and there and that is it! He only has like 5-10 points in 2 years total! Thats not 3rd round material in my mind...Andrew Clark is 3rd round material over Garret Klotz, hands down!

howley
09-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't think anyone is arguing with you that Klotz was a huge surprise to get drafted at all, espescially the third round. Klotz was sent back from Philly already so no worries. As far as Clark compared to Klotz, yeah probably.

hobster
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Well klotz has scored some goals with phile in the preseason and i guess his skating has really improved so this guy could be a pleasant suprise this season

MVNWriter23
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Don't worry Blades fans. He'll be back. He's not tearing things up big time with the Wild at training camp. To be honest we have heard virtually NOTHING about him; he'll get as much time as they can give him and then they'll send him back to Saskatoon. We did the same thing with Sheppard and Pouliot the last two seasons. Colton Gillies will be treated the same way.

By the way...if the Wild's scouts got fired for a Flyers mistake...I'll stop being a Wild fan. I feel my fanhood is pretty safe. Take care! ;)

Flathead
09-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Nothing against Klotz, but some of Phiillys' draft choice and scouting in the last few years might explain their record last year. Just my two cents on Philly.

hobster
09-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Ok now we really need colton gillies back i can't belive how long minnesota has kept gillies in camp for it's nuts, we need gillies to be back too complete our top 2 lines for checking and so on, it can really ware the other team down the longer your mucking behind someones net, the second line right now just isn't cutting it for me belyk durand cameron ,we need it too be gillies durand cameron ,and for god saked bring back dane crowley haha.

Dwight Schrute
09-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Nothing against Klotz, but some of Phiillys' draft choice and scouting in the last few years might explain their record last year. Just my two cents on Philly.
philly had a great 03 draft, and their 04, 05 and 06 drafts werent too shabby either. i am baffled by the klotz pick but whatever.

MVNWriter23
09-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Ok now we really need colton gillies back i can't belive how long minnesota has kept gillies in camp for it's nuts, we need gillies to be back too complete our top 2 lines for checking and so on, it can really ware the other team down the longer your mucking behind someones net, the second line right now just isn't cutting it for me belyk durand cameron ,we need it too be gillies durand cameron ,and for god saked bring back dane crowley

As soon as the pre-season is over. The team likes to have their top rookies for all of camp. He'll be back fairly soon, be patient. nhl

Shortys
09-25-2007, 01:01 PM
As soon as the pre-season is over. The team likes to have their top rookies for all of camp. He'll be back fairly soon, be patient. nhl

Hey MVNWriter23, were you at last nights preseason game that Gillies played in? How did he play, or have you heard how his play was in his first NHL action?

MVNWriter23
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
But according to the people that were they felt he was ok. They felt he skated very well, hit a few a people and demonstrated a little offense but he didn't get much ice time. Overall, the fans that were there said they were pleased and thought he showed promise.

MVNWriter23
09-27-2007, 12:35 PM
The Wild cut Gillies from their roster so he should be returning soon. Just thought you might want to know.

hobster
09-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes it is official he got sent back today it's in the minnesota tribune under sports blogs so he should be in the blades lineup saturday night cause he will have too serve his 1 game suspension tomorrow night

howley
09-27-2007, 01:11 PM
crap I was wrong.

hobster
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
This is a great day too be a blade fan colton gillies is back and he;s gonna tear it up this season i expect him to go 30-30-60 remember people he was only 17 last season he's gonna come into his own in a big way this season

howley
09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm not convinced at all....and the fact that you had to say "he'll tear it up with his clean hitting" means that some of his hits are obviously in question. I'm just not convinced he is going to post big numbers.

Five Hole
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
gillies will be a force with his clean hitting

.. if he's suddenly learned how to hit clean, that'll be the most noticeable improvement in his game this year...

hobster
09-27-2007, 03:08 PM
If you ask anyone around the league they will say gauthier is way cheper than gillies is and way more valuable

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
His gear was left behind in Minnesota (stupid Airline) so he will be using all new gear in the game tonight but he is back and hopefully he can help lead the team to more victories this season.

MVNWriter23
10-02-2007, 07:37 AM
to see how he's doing. Whether its good or bad; let me know. I may be a die hard Wild fan, but I stay very objective when it comes to players. I have no loyalties for any of the team's players. Sure I have guys I like a bit, but I am the first to admit or say they've had a bad game, etc. I try to keep things in perspective.

Positive or negative any sort of information you can provide on what you see in Gillies game would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. ~ That really sucks to hear the airline lost his gear; it must've been Northwest because they've really been crappy lately!

Dwight Schrute
10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
If you ask anyone around the league they will say gauthier is way cheper than gillies is and way more valuable
well i wont say he is cheaper (or cheper as you put it) but i agree gauthier is more valuable.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-04-2007, 12:52 AM
How is gauthier more valuable? A physical defencemen with some offensive capabilities....ok. He is a valuable player. But more valueable than a highly touted (though vastly overrated) 18 year old? I dont know about that.

Though I dont like gillies all that much, an 18 year old with budding offensive capabilities(good for fourty points this season), and being a big guy that can skate as fast as he can, is more valuable than Gauthier, especially since Gauthier is an OA, and Gilles has at 2-3 seasons(including this one) left.

howley
10-04-2007, 01:03 AM
take note: that's coming from a neutral observer...

Dwight Schrute
10-04-2007, 01:13 AM
re-read what i quoted from hobster guys. the way he wrote it stated he thought gauthier was more valuable.
i was just poking fun at his poor grammer. i honestly thought you 2 guys would have caught on from the quote.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-04-2007, 01:23 AM
re-read what i quoted from hobster guys. the way he wrote it stated he thought gauthier was more valuable.
i was just poking fun at his poor grammer. i honestly thought you 2 guys would have caught on from the quote.

I was under the impression that was what he actually thought. Its hard to tell with that guy.

:spineyes:

Dwight Schrute
10-04-2007, 01:32 AM
I was under the impression that was what he actually thought. Its hard to tell with that guy.

:spineyes:
well i had to re read it several times before i figered out what he meant.

howley
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I was under the same impression as SAG as well. After I read Hobster's post a couple (or 25+) times. I saw what you saw and laughed.

Who do you think is on the outs in PA for OA's danno?

Dwight Schrute
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I was under the same impression as SAG as well. After I read Hobster's post a couple (or 25+) times. I saw what you saw and laughed.

Who do you think is on the outs in PA for OA's danno?
im hoping we keep may and gauthier big fan of both. everyone seems so high on butler but i dont think he is that great. id drop butler and flatters (if there was a decent 20 forward). personally i think stanford can do the job in net.