PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday News

Scout
09-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Courtesy Alan Caldwell

Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Tuesday news
Gregg Drinnan has the scoop on an unfortunate story on his blog today. It seems that Lethbridge forward Chris Inglis - who they acquired from Tri-City in the offseason after he played the last three years there - is not in camp with the Hurricanes. The reason? He came out second-best in a street fight in his hometown of Calgary two weeks before training camp was to start, and ended up in a coma in the hospital. He is now recovering but may not be able to play this season.

The Lethbridge Herald has a mention of Inglis today as well. Took long enough for anyone to notice the guy was never at camp.

The Cougars prepare for the start of the season without two of their biggest stars who are still at NHL camps and unlikely to be back by the weekend.

The new captain of the Spokane Chiefs is overage forward Chris Bruton.

The Blades cut one forward yesterday.

Part two of the Edmonton Journal's marathon look at the history of the Oil Kings is in today's paper. I should point out that this feature is actually the history of the Portland Winter Hawks, since that's where the old Oil Kings moved to. The current Oil Kings don't start making their own history until Thursday night.

The Journal also has a story today on veteran defenceman Bretton Stamler's experience at Edmonton Oilers rookie camp, as well as a look at the team-building philosophy of Oil Kings G.M. Bob Green.

Chilliwack tough guy Partik Bhungal is aiming at the 15-15 club this year: 15 goals and 15 fights.

Sounds like sophomore Warrior forward Giffen Nyren will be switching to the blueline this season?

Should be some cuts and stuff to report later today, which I'll add as it comes. And my season previews will definitely start today as well. Just proofreading and polishing right now.

bruinsr#1
09-18-2007, 04:51 PM
bhungal 15 goals! ya right