PDA

View Full Version : Ottmann released

Sabes
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
http://www.raiderhockey.com/newsrelease_ottmann.htm

Says they are trying to trade him, we now have 12 forwards on the roster but 11 d-men. Maybe we will move Palazzo and Vann to forward?

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2007, 01:30 PM
wow this im surprised about. ottman i thought was always a hard working kid who just never progressed from his 16 year old season, and had lots of injury trouble. a guy who has 3 years experiance (inc 1 big playoff run) and can still play 2 more years shouldnt have a hard time catching on with another team.

although by releasing this info wouldnt it diminish ottmans trade value ?

Zookeeper
09-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I am surprised too to hear he was released, I would think this would hurt the Raiders chance to receive a good player in return for him. Maybe there were some issues with him and the new coaching staff. Starting to look like Clark thinks we can play 3 d men and 3 forwards at the same time. 12 forwards and 11 dmen makes no sense, must be some big moves coming.

westbeach55
09-18-2007, 05:20 PM
I am surprised too to hear he was released, I would think this would hurt the Raiders chance to receive a good player in return for him. Maybe there were some issues with him and the new coaching staff. Starting to look like Clark thinks we can play 3 d men and 3 forwards at the same time. 12 forwards and 11 dmen makes no sense, must be some big moves coming.

heard that he had been in some trouble outside of hockey. so not really a tough choice to trade or get rid of

Five Hole
09-18-2007, 05:26 PM

I'm sure they're working hard on some kind of deal...no doubt they're offering up Malone and Ottman, possibly Palazzo, maybe Flatters, who knows, to get a good forward or two....but anybody who's willing to send something decent our way is probably throwing out other names in return that Clark isn't prepared to let go of (yet)...
but 12 forwards and 11 D is about the strangest situation you can possibly have.... I hope they can get something done soon, not sure Vann and Palazzo as forwards is very smart unless for the VERY short term

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
09-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow i'm shocked as well, Everytime i got a chance to see Ottmann play i was impressed with his work ethic aswell. I wouldn't be surprised to see him join another team sooner than later.

Zookeeper
09-18-2007, 10:32 PM
If he was released due to breaking team rules or something to take matter, I see this being a good thing for us in the long run. This will set an example to the rest of the players, saying we will not put up with any $hi*. Ottman had a history of heath problems and never did produce like I thought he would of. Hope he lands with another team and does well.

Dwight Schrute
10-02-2007, 05:56 AM
11 points in is first 5 games with the nipawin hawks. im still shocked no whl team's picked him up

Triton
10-02-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.sjhl.ca/news_item.aspx?news_id=1034

hockey24_7
10-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Looks like Dowhay is doing good with La Ronge Ice Wolves as well. Honourable mentions for top forward for the week. Good to see both Ottman and Dowhay doing a good job in the SJ. Thanks for posting the above link.

Swamptown
10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Sounds like Ottmann had one heck of a game vs. Humboldt.

I'm sure both Ottmann and Dowhay have been given more time on the PP and more ice time in general than they had with the Raiders.

Not to take anything away from these fine young men, but this clearly shows the difference in talent between these leagues.

Dwight Schrute
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=73484&pid%5B%5D=69016

well if howarth can pot 38g 103a and 141pts id say the competition level is a little lower

Sabes
10-03-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=73484&pid%5B%5D=69016

well if howarth can pot 38g 103a and 141pts id say the competition level is a little lower

SJHL and MJHL are 2 very different leagues also.