PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen vs Ice

Hitmen1
03-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Big game for the Hitmen today. A win today really helps their chances at finishing in 3rd place. If you can't make it to the game tune into FAN 960.

Here are some articles from the Calgary Sun:

1: Covington responsible? http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/03/13/959192-sun.html

2. Gameday preview
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/03/13/959193-sun.html

GO HITMEN!!!

Jovorock
03-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Go Hitmen Go, should be a great game, MELT THE ICE!

Spungy
03-13-2005, 02:30 PM
unfortunately i have to go to work this afternoon :( but i sure hope the Ice can take the two points home from this one!

Rebel66
03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Ice do the Rebels a huge favour with the win today. Yey Ice! After only taking two points so far this weekend, and being somewhat lucky to get a point in Red Deer :D , you just knew they would be up for this one. A loss would have had huge consequences in the race for first overall.

I imagine we're going to hear something on the performace of Herman. The other night we heard that Al Smith was the Rebels best player and it seems like there was the same penalty disparity in today's game with a few game and 10 min misconducts thrown in. I'm sure our friend "Run the Goalie' will have a word or two to say about it. What did Getzlaf do to get the game?

Hitmen two points up on the Rebels with Red Deer holding two games in hand. It's going to go down to the wire with a huge game between the teams coming up in Red Deer next week. Tough sched for the Rebels though. Lethbridge twice, Calgary, and Medicine Hat to finish the season.

Chipper
03-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks Calgary for the win today it realy helps keep us close th those Rockets, althougt the Rockets are 2 points up now after the weekend games and only 3 games each left the ice take this central trio and get 4 out of 6 points everyone new this would be a tough stretch to the finish and it certanly is. a bit easier the last three games though go ice go...........

ScottyWazz
03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
What a craptastic game for the Hitmen. It looked promising at first and then when badly. Pogge did all he could. With Carson's turnover, the one that squeaked by him, and the Dawes shot-- there was little he could do. It was good to see Danny Spence get some time in the pipes.

The penalties are killing the Hitmen. They are taking too many stupid penalties and expect to win every game. They just seem to be running out of gas. Of course, you could say that Herman blew down some calls they shouldn't have been called, but once you start playing against the ref, you've already lost.

The Ice looked very good out there. Glass was on his game and showed why he was the #1 in the WJC. Even with shots deflected off his own team, he was on his game.

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but it seemed like every time the Hitmen tried to make a centering pass, it just happened to find a pad or a skate of an Ice player. I tell you what though, the Hitmen aren't going to last long in the playoffs if they continue this charade up.

The_Vulk
03-13-2005, 08:49 PM
I tell you what though, the Hitmen aren't going to last long in the playoffs if they continue this charade up.
The whole organization has under-achieved all year.

Are players were being bounced around. So many times, they were the ones on the ice after a hit, and the Ice player still standing. And the Hitmen were the ones giving the hits? ! ? A minority of the body checks were hard hitting. The rest... pathetic.

As for the team....

...if we thought they needed to shake things up before the trading deadline, just wait. This off-season the organization needs some serious changes.

ScottyWazz
03-13-2005, 09:26 PM
I can tell you many things they'll need to get:

-New Coach (hopefully Evanson)
-New GM
-Another Goalie
-One or two more experienced defenceman
-A true enforcer

Once they get those-- they should be a little bit better.

RunTheGoalie
03-13-2005, 10:47 PM
This years playoffs are a no lose situation for us.

Either we go on a good, exciting run, or Kisio gets punted.

Either way, we win.

As for todays game, dumb penalties at a bad times once again killed us.

However, and on a tangent of that, Derek Herman seriously needs to be fired. Pushkarev takes a two hand slash, without a call, but Herman immediately nailed Moscaluk on what turned into the GWG.

Moscaluk deserved the penalty, but as usual, Herman picked one team to go after, and turned a blind eye on the other transgressions. The major penalty to Getzlaf was a joke too. Minor, yes, major no.

But then, Herman has always felt the need to be the first star of every game he calls, and given the size of the crowd, that need must have been overwhelming.

RunTheGoalie
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
On the bright side, since it looks like we are going to slide into 4th, we should at least be likely to draw the Hurricanes, whom I believe we can beat, as opposed to Medicine Hat, who would likely take us out in five.

Rebel66
03-13-2005, 11:50 PM
On the bright side, since it looks like we are going to slide into 4th, we should at least be likely to draw the Hurricanes, whom I believe we can beat, as opposed to Medicine Hat, who would likely take us out in five.

Really? You don't fancy the Tigers to finish first? They are currently in first with three game left each. Lethbridge play Red Deer twice and Calgary once. Medicine Hat on the other hand have the Rebels once and Swift twice. You'd have to fancy the Hat to garner more points than the Canes with that schedule.

I'd prefer the Rebels play the Canes too, but really they are both good teams.

I knew I could count on you for a good comment or two on the referee! ;)

Jovorock
03-14-2005, 06:39 AM
I can tell you many things they'll need to get:

-New Coach (hopefully Evanson)
After watching him in Kamloops and Vancouver I wouldn't hire him to coach a peewee house team. Evason is a terrible coach that couldn't control the troops. Becarefull of what you wish for, it might come true!

ScottyWazz
03-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Trust me, I'd rather have Evanson than the bald-headed blooper reel which is Kelly Kisio. Unless they want to go out into the darkness and try to get Ted Nolan from out of the cave he's been hiding in-- then I think Evanson will be the choice.