PDA

View Full Version : great game

bcboy
03-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Sat game vs Tri-city was one of the better games of the year IMO. Both teams played desperat hockey and it was very fun to watch. As far as the chiefs go I saw alot of good things in the young guys. I still think the future is bright for this group of players.
Grabner really moved well and showed top end speed. He created a number of chances and ws not afraid to take a hit to make a play. bright future.
Mercer- What a flat steal this kid was. Stand up tough d man with skill. He looks better to me every game.

One kid I kinda forgot about was Mccue. Some spot duty last night for the first time since breaking his ankle. He is really gunna help this team down the road. 6' 4'' and not afraid to use his size. It was good to see him back on the ice.
All in all it was a good team effort last night and a very good game for a sell out crowd. The only thing missing was the win. Bring it like that and the wins will come to.

90-91
03-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Sat game vs Tri-city was one of the better games of the year IMO. Both teams played desperat hockey and it was very fun to watch. As far as the chiefs go I saw alot of good things in the young guys. I still think the future is bright for this group of players.
Grabner really moved well and showed top end speed. He created a number of chances and ws not afraid to take a hit to make a play. bright future.
Mercer- What a flat steal this kid was. Stand up tough d man with skill. He looks better to me every game.

One kid I kinda forgot about was Mccue. Some spot duty last night for the first time since breaking his ankle. He is really gunna help this team down the road. 6' 4'' and not afraid to use his size. It was good to see him back on the ice.
All in all it was a good team effort last night and a very good game for a sell out crowd. The only thing missing was the win. Bring it like that and the wins will come to.
I couldn't agree more with your comments and esp. the players you singled out for praise. For the first time in forever the future of our defense looks great.
I spent the game watching future stars for the Chiefs, of the players I noticed, half of them have been traded for this season (Howarth, Mercer, Logan) while the others are very young (McCue, Grabner, Zimmerman, & Stoesz). Now before anyone jumps on me about Stoesz, did anyone else notice Hewitt got Stoesz to take a (not so smart) penalty in the first, but after that Stoesz was so far under Hewitts skin the rest of the game that he took him right out of the game.
I would like to see a coaching change, but from a personnel stand point, I think the Chiefs look very strong for the future, esp. if Bowman turns out to be the real deal.

rezstyle
03-14-2005, 10:50 AM
It was really good to see these two teams really go at it like they did Saturday. I'm wondering how much this game drained the teams and am excited to see how they react to their upcoming games.

Thought Stoesz took the cheap penalty but it should have been a matching. Both players got a couple shots it, just Stoesz got caught.

I loved the open ice hit Mercer had on ??? If any of you saw that hit coming, you also saw that the Tri Cities guy, if not taken out by Mercer, would have probably crushed one of our smaller guys as he had him lined up pretty good.

Good to see McCue back. He took a head first into the boards and got up and went and hit the TC guy with his gloves on...Still has the fistyness.

And I'll agree, we do have a lot of talent coming up. I think we need to concentrate on getting a true enforcer next year to protect our smaller guys though. I've got faith in both Stoesz and Jason Lynch, but I think they aren't experienced enough yet.

And, it was very fitting that Desautels scored in what will be his last game vs. rival TC in front of a sellout crowd.

BTW, any of you see Engman get hurt prior to the game. Took a goalie stick in the face then really slammed into the boards. Talked to him after the game because I thought he wouldn't unsuit over a cut lip and he said he got a mild concussion from hitting the boards. Freak accident, that is why McCue suitted. I think the Chief's organization jinxed him. In the preface of the program it had 4 chiefs players that had played in every game on the year, Engman being one of them.