PDA

View Full Version : Trade

scamperdog
09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

The Kamloops Blazers have traded G Dustin Butler, 20, to the Prince Albert Raiders for a 2008 sixth-round bantam draft pick. That means the Blazers will go into the season with Justin Leclerc, 18, who was acquired from the Lethbridge Hurricanes, as the starter. James Priestner, 16, whose father, Mike, was involved in an offseason attempt to purchase the Blazers, is the backup. . . . The Raiders now have three goaltenders on their roster, with Butler, whom the Blazers acquired in October from the Portland Winter Hawks, the starter and sophomore David Aime, 18, backing up. Prior to acquiring Butler, Steven Stanford, 17, was backing up Aime. . . . There are at least two other 20-year-old goaltenders available, with the Everett Silvertips trying to find a spot for David Reekie and the Moose Jaw Warriors looking to more Kurt Jory, which would leave Joey Perricone, also 20, as their starter. . . .

Zookeeper
09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Can any tell us Raider fans what we can expect to see from Butler? I read on another fan site, he was the main reason the Blazers lost last year in the playoffs.

scamperdog
09-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Can any tell us Raider fans what we can expect to see from Butler? I read on another fan site, he was the main reason the Blazers lost last year in the playoffs.
he should be a solid player for you guys, I disagree he was the main reason the Blazers lost last year in the playoffs, yes he could have played better, but so could a lot of players, I think the team overplayed him during the season and down the stretch he was burned out. as long as you guys have a capable backup all should be good