PDA

View Full Version : Captaincy?

WestLEAFfan
09-19-2007, 05:09 PM
So, who wears the letters this year? Tyrell, Wishart, and ? Too bad goalies can't where a letter. CYR would be a shoe in. Thoughts? :confused:

Eye.Of.The.Tiger
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
So, who wears the letters this year? Tyrell, Wishart, and ? Too bad goalies can't where a letter. CYR would be a shoe in. Thoughts? :confused:

I'd have to say Kalvin Sagert will be a leader with this squad, possibly even the Captain

WestLEAFfan
09-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I completely forgot about him! Good choice.

Gatekeeper
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Greg Gardner has to be considered for captain

Sput
09-20-2007, 12:30 AM
IMH it will be Gardner with the C, Tyrell, Wishart and Sagart with A's.

Greg has done everything and more the coaches he has played under have asked him to do. He didn't get the chance to show his offensive up-side until later last season when Drew gave him the go-ahead to do it.

WestLEAFfan
09-20-2007, 06:17 AM
All above mentioned are excellent choices. There should be no lack of leadership for the Cougars this year. applause

nivek_wahs
09-20-2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.pgcougars.com/news/text/473/1

Sep 20 2007

Gardner to Lead the Pack

PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars have named their team Captain’s for the upcoming season.

20 year old forward Greg Gardner has been named team Captain, while Ty Wishart, Chris Van Duynhoven, and Dana Tyrell will all share Assistant Captain duties.

“We feel this is an extremely solid leadership group. This decision was based on the qualities these players possess both on and off the ice. We are proud to have these four players leading us this season”, says Cougars Head Coach, Drew Schoneck.

-30-

Sput
09-21-2007, 01:22 AM
20 year old forward Greg Gardner has been named team Captain, while Ty Wishart, Chris Van Duynhoven, and Dana Tyrell will all share Assistant Captain duties.

The biggest surprise here is Van Duynhoven. Not that he may not be a good leader, he musy have shown something to the coaches and team mates, I just didn't have him pegged as a possible for a letter.

With this choice I wonder if Sagart is on someones trade radar?