PDA

View Full Version : New Rink NAME

Big Ern
09-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Apparently, the new name for the Centennial Civic Centre will be announced this Tuesday.

Any speculations as to who might be naming the rink?

I was informed today by a person......(who said he's abseloutely sure of it)......that the naming partner is INNOVATION CREDIT UNION. If this is in fact true, I wouldn't be surprised by it at all. I think they must be the busiest bank in Swift Current. Obviously, the $$$ is rolling.

CrazyGeorge
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
What's your opinion on which forwards will be sitting and which defensemen will be o sitting? I'm sitting here thinking of who maybe. My thinking is Toulmin, Gervais, and Brown will be sitting tomrrow (forwards) and Rogers, McAvoy or Wilson will be sitting for our dmen...we could go with almost anyone....my guess is as good as yours.

Believer
09-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah Ern , I agree. It would be a pretty safe bet that Innovation is the one. And then the Civic Centre, Or "Innovation Place" will be the coolest rink in the dub, with a big butterfly on top ! Sweet !

OR, they could call it the new "ICU Ward" in Swift Current. But Man O Man can people have fun with THAT reference if the Broncos have a bad season ! haha....."Broncos in ICU (intensive care unit) Place"......yikes !

Scout
09-21-2007, 05:33 PM
This is from Kamloops sports editor Gregg Drinnan from today:

Sources have confirmed that Innovation Credit Union has purchased the naming rights to the Centennial Civic Centre in Swift Current. An official announcement is due to be made Tuesday. Not sure what the official name of the arena will be -- Innovation Place? -- but Joe Arling and Co. should know that The ATM is already taken. (That’s the nickname for Interior Savings Centre in Kamloops.) . . . But the imagination runs wild at the possibilities when one considers the possibilities brought on from the initials for Innovation Credit Union, which has 25 locations across Saskatchewan. . . .