PDA

View Full Version : Why I won't buy a Playoff Package.

Ergo
03-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I purchase my season tickets with the thought that it's going to be a new season with lots of optimism. We have a large number of NHL draft picks in the line-up. We are predicted to be one of the best teams in the CHL, contenders for the Memorial Cup even.

Shortly after the season starts it becomes apparent that this is not to be. The team is not playing well and our captain takes stupid selfish penalties. This continues for the rest of the season. The team continues to vastly underachieve. With only weeks left in the regular season one player is quoted in the Calgary Herald as saying "We now realize that we have to start preparing the day before a game, instead of 10 minutes before the game. So practices have really picked up." Absolutely unbelievable, but then they seem to ignore that little gem of insight and lose the next three out of four.

Will I spend any more of my hard earned dollars to watch this team lose in the first round? NO WAY!!!!! I've got better things to do with my time and money. Purchasing a playoff package for this team is nothing more than putting a downpayment on next year's season tickets.

This team needs a major overhaul from management on down.

My two cents worth!!!!!! :burningma :burningma :burningma

Sammy
03-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I still think that talent plus hard work does win hockey games, especially playoff games, and if they put in the hard work now, they will be the "beasts from the east".

Ergo
03-14-2005, 11:12 AM
I still think that talent plus hard work does win hockey games, especially playoff games, and if they put in the hard work now, they will be the "beasts from the east".

I wish I had your optimism.

I just can't see this team being able to turn it on for the playoffs. If they couldn't put in the "hard work" for the Ice in yesterday's game I don't see it happening for any other game playoff or otherwise.

This team does have a truck load of talent but there is no heart. :(

The_Vulk
03-14-2005, 11:12 AM
But only if they work as a team.

The chemistry, the identity of this team is not there.

Don't know if the hype at the beginning of the season got to the entire organization. But it sure does look that way.

We have the talent, and that will win it for us.

No, it does not.

Being prepared, from the coaches and the players, for each and every game.

And they are not prepared.

70 games into the regular season, they still do not look prepared.

Going into the playoffs, knowing we will be facing one of two teams, I still do not beleive the Hitmen will be prepared. History as proven it this year.

At least we have some good young blood in the system, that should help us next year.

RunTheGoalie
03-14-2005, 12:22 PM
This team hasn't been willing to consistantly put in the hard work for 70 games now. No reason to expect that this will change in the playoffs.

At least Kisio should finally be fired.

tazndevil
03-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Bank on it.

For the first time in A LONG TIME, I am actually looking forward to all the changes that will happen to this team.

Here's what I think will happen:

Kisio fired. Plain and Simple---he needs to go.

Our Princess Captain---gone to the AHL. Wonder if he needs help packing??

Of course the 3 20's are gone. Collectivel--Probably the worst group of 20's in the whole league. Without a doubt, the worst in Hitmen history.

Carson and Pushkarev gone because of 20 yr old restrictions. Sucks to lose Pushy, but I'll get over it. Carson is a pylon anyway--although he did play well this weekend.

Covington can go. Doesn't really DO anything. Excellent skater, but no production. Although he might play a lot more consistently and productively if he was with a good center.

Schultz. Probably the most over-rated D-man the Hitmen have.The Caps prob saw a 6'6" guy back there and figured he could throw a body check. Great vision back there though.

Look for Yac to be the captain next year (he should have been this year) with Ladd, Moskaluk, and one of the kids(Dupont) to be the Altrenates.

I will post more about what I thought happened this weekend after I have had a chance to calm down a bit more. STILL VERY PISSED!

Anynoe want to add their thoughts to mine?

Taz

Thundercat
03-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Couldnt help but add my 2 cents here either.
For starters Kisio has to go, he is the games worst coach. I dont mind the moves hes made as GM but his coaching is brutal.
Secondly IMO we need defensive upgrades. I like Alzner as a 16 year old hes steady and hopefully gets much better. Kohn has came a long ways and gotta like that. Yeo is the most underated he plays hard and physical everynight. Carson i thought was gonna have a great year then after he bonked his head hes never been the same, (pilon and plays with no heart and wont hit anyone) Shultz is terrible, yes for a big man he has skill but who cares about his size he my as well be 5'3 120lbs cause thats how he plays and for an offensive D man he has NO shot and only 2 goals.
Yack is great when he plays tough and isnt hurt and the 15 year olds i havent seen enough.
This team has no one on defense than can shoot with out yack and yeo nobody takes the body (give kohn credit he tries)

Up front:: I love watching Ladd play when Getzlaf is around but when hes not Ladd gives 0 effort and is a none factor all game every game. This worries me for next year. When Ladd plays hard hes great. Getz has the skill that he should be up there in scoring with the leagues best but hes not. Landolt on a good team is a 2nd or 3rd line center but i dont mind him.

The thing that drives me crazy is with the talent of this team why is it so hard to score goals. Its frustrating when this team struggles to score more than 2 goals a game.
I also feel that its a coaching problem why everytime the Hitmen have the lead in the 3rd they lose or tie. Kisio gets them to sit back and hang on. This team cant do that they need to keep creating oppertunities. its happened sooooo many times lately and they still try to sit on a 2 goal lead in the 3rd.

sorry for takin so much space but im just as frustrated as the rest of you. It will take a miracle for this team with Kisio to get past the First round

Thundercat
03-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Carson and Pushkarev gone because of 20 yr old restrictions. Sucks to lose Pushy, but I'll get over it. Carson is a pylon anyway--although he did play well this weekend.

Covington can go. Doesn't really DO anything. Excellent skater, but no production. Although he might play a lot more consistently and productively if he was with a good center.

Schultz. Probably the most over-rated D-man the Hitmen have.The Caps prob saw a 6'6" guy back there and figured he could throw a body check. Great vision back there though.

Look for Yac to be the captain next year (he should have been this year) with Ladd, Moskaluk, and one of the kids(Dupont) to be the Altrenates.

Taz[/QUOTE]

Carson is an 86 so he will be back.It would be nice if pushy would stay but i doubt it. I agree Covington does nothing but i think every team needs 1 of him and id keep him over a lot of the forwards they kept this year so look for him to be back. (guys like o"mally come to mind when i think of guys that contribute nothing, and id much rather covington than him, atleast Cove works hard)
Gotta agree with Yackbo as captain and gotta say Dupont has earned an A for next year for sure

tazndevil
03-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Actually, Carson was born Nov 29, 1985 so he is 20 next year.

Not making fun of you, because you had a lot of great points--especially about Covington. Just thought I'd tell you.

Taz.

Thundercat
03-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Ya your right. Sorry bout that but for some stupid reason I still get Carson and Rogers mixed up.Rogers is the 86 birthday.
Gotta say thats gonna make for atleast 1 interesting call next year.

SLASH
03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
I agree that it's time for Kisio to go as coach and GM.

From the players side of things I expect the following changes providing we bring in a GM from the outside.

Pushy -Gone to AHL
Getz - Gone to AHL
Ladd - Gone to AHL
Landolt - Graduated
Omalley - Graduated
Lucas - Graduated

Traded
-Moscaluk
-Schultz
-Covington

20 Yr olds
-Yacboski [sp]
-Carson
-? We need a 20 yr scorer

Captain/ Assistants
-Yacboski [sp] Captain
-White [A]
-Kohn [A]
-Dupont [A]

It's time to play the game with your heart!!!!

Thundercat
03-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I agree with just about everything you said. I think its a toss up wether or not Ladd is back. Im not positive he is signed and if not he should be back. If he is its likely hes gone but after a year like he had this year Carolina might tell him to stay in calgary and get some serious playing time instead of riding the pine in the AHL. As for Getz and Pushkarev there is next to no chance they will be back.
Personally id like to see Moscaluk stay over Covington the only problem is he is 20 next year. Unless they make a trade for a better 20 year old forward im sure Moscaluk will be back.
As for Shultz, id love to see him get trade for a defenseman with a better shot and more physical. The only problem is the best time to trade Shultz was the begining of this season and im betting his value has dropped big time.
If Carson plays next year how he did the firrst 2 months this year keep him if not he can go 2.

tazndevil
03-17-2005, 10:13 AM
I guess that is the question we need to ask then. Is Andrew Ladd signed by Carolina?

Personally, I can't remember seeing any news releases saying that he signed, either from Carolina, or the Hitmen, or the NHL itself. He was just drafted this year as well. NHL teams of late (the last 5 years especially) have not been signing their picks as soon as they draft them, but waiting at until the following training camp to see if they develop they way they were 'supposed' to.

That leads me to believe that Ladd DOESN'T have a contract and will be with the Hitmen next year.

I could be wrongand Ladd could have contract, I just don't remember anything about him signing.

As far as keeping both Yac and Carson, not likely. This team has too many good young up and coming defencemen that will be 16 or 17 and ready to go next year. So IMO it becomes a competition between Yac and Carson for 1 spot.

Even Kisio couldn't screw up that decision.

I am going to check a few websites later today to find out if Ladd actually signed, and will let you know if I find anything. If he does have a contract, he is gone. No question.

Taz

RunTheGoalie
03-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Given teams have two years to sign draft picks, I doubt many of the 2004 draft class were signed. Hell, many 2003 picks havent been signed yet.

I think Ladd is among the group who doesnt yet have a contract.

SLASH
03-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Ladd doesn't have a contract yet, but we all know it's only a matter of time for him to sign, Signing of course is dependant on the NHL and the PA coming to some sort of agreement.

I wouldn't plan to have him in the line-up next year, I am guessing something will get done by the start of the whl season.

I still think the Hitmen will start the season with Yak and Carson. They need to ensure the rookies are coming along before they deal one. The 20 yr old deadline isn't until mid November so there is lots of time to make a decision.

It doesn't matter who you have in the line-up if Kis is still running things.