PDA

View Full Version : Game 1: Ams @ Tips

Tipped Off
09-22-2007, 12:12 AM
This game was a story of which team wanted to play the most undisciplined hockey. Through the first two periods, the Ams had the undisciplined lead, hands down. Then, in the third, the Tips took stupid penalty after stupid penalty giving the Ams two 5-3's that were a minute and a half or more each. I'm not blaiming the refs because I saw three of thise four calls and thought they were deserved. There are a lot of times those don't get called late in games, and if you want to argue about the timing, go ahead. But you can't disupte the penalties actualy happened. The Ams scored on both those power plays (albeit when they were down to 5 on 4), and that was the difference. Seven penalties in the 3rd period is inexcusable.

There were a lot of chippy moments, but no fights. The closest thing to it was Beach with the linesman after the game where the linesman was moving Beach away and Beach shoved at this arms and the ref had to come tell him to get off the ice.

Late edit: I just noticed they gave Beach a 10 minute misconduct for this incident at the 20 minute mark of the third. It would not surprise me at all to see him get a game or two suspension out of it either. I saw him push away the linesman and could easily see them filing a report for the offense.

I thought teh offense played well. I really like Gendur's offensive role at the point on the power play. One think I always hated was the tips lack of aggressiveness that left when Heshka departed. The oint man didn't take very many shots last year. Gendue was the best Tips player on the Ice tonight. He had skill with the puck, was fast and created a lot of chances. I like what I see from him.

The worst player on the Ice, for either team (if you don't count poor performances from both goalies) was Mike Alexander. He flat out sucked. I think I can safely say that was the worst single performance by an player the Tips have suited up in five years. I hope it was jitters or something becasue that was putrid.

Anyway, hopefully the D can pull something together on day two tomorrow against Vancouver. It would be pretty bad to start the year 0-2 after two home games.

Rooselk
09-22-2007, 12:44 AM
I was at the game. Didn't see the incident you mention with Beach and the linesman. But I think you've pretty much described the game correctly. Those 5 on 3's were as pitiful as they were devastating.

LifelongChiefsFan
09-22-2007, 04:31 AM
So when can we expect to see Becanic make the Tips players ride around on a bus with all their equipment on? :p

Tipped Off
09-22-2007, 10:48 AM
It happened right at the final horn while the ams were celbrating. HAppened right down in front of section 107. That's why he got a 10-misconduct after the game was over.