PDA

View Full Version : Who are these kids?

dagley
09-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Who are these kids? Glennie/Calvert and Schenn....Oh yeah the Rookies that are single handily manhandling the Blades for the second night. This line is already scary and imagine in a year or two when Regier is here.

Glennie - 2 Goals
Calvert - 1 Goal (first WHL goal)
Schenn - 2 assists
Clark - 1 goal
Boyle - 1 assist

Joe Hallenback
09-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Ive been watching the game online and They look fantastic. They are so fast and have gelled so well together. Really this line in a year or 2 will be the best line in the WHL.

I had watched Glennie and Calvert alot last year in Midget. I was SHOCKED that Glennie fell to us in the second round. This kid has all kinds of skill and to get Him and Schenn in the first two rounds is an absolute steal.

Calvert is incredibly fast and really his draft year he was probably 5'4 120 pounds and that kept teams from taking a chance on him. We are reaping the benefits of having be able to see him develop at the midget level

dagley
09-22-2007, 07:42 PM
It's quite impressive, I just cannot wait for Regier. I still think Regier will turn out to be better than any of these three, all due respect. This is absolutely amazing and I hope they continue to gel, but Id still like to see us get a first line winger to play with Clarky and Lowry.

Joe Hallenback
09-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Regier was another steal

I was very happy he fell all the way to 17 but I think that had something to do with the fact he might be leaning towards College hockey. Alot of scouting services had him as 5-10 guy

We also got a very good defencemen with Rlyey Miller so all in all the last two years are very good drafts

dagley
09-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Regier was another steal

I was very happy he fell all the way to 17 but I think that had something to do with the fact he might be leaning towards College hockey. Alot of scouting services had him as 5-10 guy

We also got a very good defencemen with Rlyey Miller so all in all the last two years are very good drafts

Regier is already signed.

Joe Hallenback
09-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Ya but at the time of the draft their was some questions about that

Brandonite
09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
All I gotta say is now the Saskatoon Blade fans can stick with their own topics...they all guarenteed wins and have said nothing but a guarenteed victory tonight over Brandon and they got smacked around AGAIN! I would have to be at Lorne Molleken's practice on Monday morning...cant wait for the Blades posters to come on and feed us excuses after the game!!

as for the drafted players, dont put too much hype on these guys just yet!! We dont need these kids walking around with giant beach balls on their shoulders...they have done outstanding and hopefully they continue it!! Hopefully Regeir pans out for sure, but you just dont know "for sure" ever at that age as discussed before but things are lookin good for the future!!

booboo
09-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Regier is the real deal. He is a real horse---very physical---very good skater--and has a great work ethic.

Brandonite
09-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Well hopefully he really continues to get better and develop into a better player...dont forget when we came to Brandon he was 15 years old! That is really young! And even though he did a great job at such a young age, there is always a question mark as to whether or not he can continue that play and by the sounds of it Regeir can, and hopefully he is a true star for Brandon when he's 18

sbtatter
09-22-2007, 08:58 PM
At developmental camp Regier, Stone, Depape, Ehrhardt and Miller looked great prospects and Rock, Rouse, W King all looked like good prospects. So add those guys next year and think of the potential of this team in 2 seasons. In 2010 this team could be a real threat for the Memorial Cup. In 24 years of watching the dub I have never been so excited for the prospects of a team.
Don't forget some of the young veterans, Green may breakout this year, Fehr, Robak, Aulie, Melnychuk, Grille-Donovan are going to be good players to add to these amazing rookies.
Kudo's to the scouts....

booboo
09-22-2007, 09:02 PM
It looks like Nathan Green may have turned the corner as far as showing us why he led the Manitoba Midget league in scoring 2 years ago. He has 2 assists in each game so far this year. Robak is playing like a seasoned pro. Very smooth skater and great passer. Some of these players have a chance to become very good players in the next couple of years. Great future for this team.

sbtatter
09-22-2007, 09:23 PM
It looks like Nathan Green may have turned the corner as far as showing us why he led the Manitoba Midget league in scoring 2 years ago. He has 2 assists in each game so far this year. Robak is playing like a seasoned pro. Very smooth skater and great passer. Some of these players have a chance to become very good players in the next couple of years. Great future for this team.
If Green fufills his potential we all of a sudden have 3 great centres, Clark, Green and Schenn.
Imagine if Schwartz decides to come play here!!!

Brandonite
09-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I agree with Nathan Green...he was a major disapointment last year even though he was just a rookie. Jay Fehr was the same age and finished 2nd to Green in AAA scoring the year before and Fehr seemed to be much more comfortable out there. Dittmer was another AAA scoring champ that never panned out but hopefully Green & Fehr find that touch this season with a year under their belts...

Bully73
09-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Lots of excitement every time these guys take the ice. Glad to see Kelly giving them lots of ice time.

Was fun watching Schenn run over White with a huge hit and then handle McMillan quite easily in the scrap immediately after the hit.

Going to be a fun year watching these guys continue to develop!!!

booboo
09-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought the Wheats played well tonight and never quit. Nice to see Lowry sticking up for Robak against White---White was leaking oil after the scrap. The young guys played very well again tonight. Calgary defence is very good but after the first period Brandon outplayed Calgary. Caliguiri recovered well after a slow start. Tyler Dittmer is hopeless as a 20 year old--cannot score goals and wouldn't go into a corner to get a puck or a hit. Waste of a roster spot. It looks like Brandon may surprise a lot of teams with their team speed. Boyle is very steady on defence.

Brandonite
09-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I thought the Wheats played well tonight and never quit. Nice to see Lowry sticking up for Robak against White---White was leaking oil after the scrap. The young guys played very well again tonight. Calgary defence is very good but after the first period Brandon outplayed Calgary. Caliguiri recovered well after a slow start. Tyler Dittmer is hopeless as a 20 year old--cannot score goals and wouldn't go into a corner to get a puck or a hit. Waste of a roster spot. It looks like Brandon may surprise a lot of teams with their team speed. Boyle is very steady on defence.

I agree...a great game overall by a team that is favored to go very deap this season!! One thing that really stands out is that in 2 home games this season, Brandon has had a guy get hit hard and right away have someone come to the rescue and stick up for one another, something you never seen last season at all!! Guys are playing together and the leadership will be that much better once Yeo gets back...but Dittmer is completely hopeless and I truly think they should just go with 3 OA d-men despite the fact of keeping a forward around. Dittmer does absolutely nothing and does not deserve to hold a roster spot over other young hopefuls. Let the young guys play and release Dittmer or something because its painful to watch him already!