PDA

View Full Version : Two Spankings in a Row

WestLEAFfan
09-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Not the best way to start off the season or attract fans. Are the CHIEFS that good or are the COUGARS that offensively challenged?

WestLEAFfan
09-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Apparently, at least according to the shots (55 - 18) in favor of the CHIEFS, they have very little defence either. 26 shots in the third period alone! Poor CYR and DANYLUK. Unbelievable. :burningma

scamperdog
09-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Not the best way to start off the season or attract fans. Are the CHIEFS that good or are the COUGARS that offensively challenged?
I would say offensively challenged is a right, defence should still be good and Cyr as long as he is healthy is always good
looking at the score sheet explains all the shots in the third
1 - SPO Roman, 4:09 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
1 - SPO Falk, 4:55 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.G Thiessen, 14:14 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.G Wishart, 15:59 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.G Dudas, 16:56 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
2 - P.G Fuller, 7:35 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
2 - SPO Bruton, 16:16 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - SPO Blackwater, 4:25 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - P.G Fuller, 4:25 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - P.G Haas, 6:18 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Deagle, 7:05 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Deagle, 7:05 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Dudas, 7:51 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Poulter, 7:51 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Magnusson, 11:24 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
3 - SPO Rutherford, 13:42 - Unsportsmanlike Cnd. , 2 min
3 - P.G Deagle, 13:42 - Unsportsmanlike Cnd. , 2 min
3 - SPO Cowen, 18:27 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)

3root2
09-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Different year...same gong show
who wants to bet it's three spankings in a row.

But...I predict right now...PG will win one round in the playoffs and another miserable year with another group of underachievers will be forgiven.

Get it together up there!!

LifelongChiefsFan
09-23-2007, 01:45 AM

It's probably a combination of both. Spokane has had great chemistry throughout the entire preseason scoring 29 goals in their 6 contests and it seems to be carrying through into the season scoring 12 in their first 2 at Prince George. I don't expect Prince George to be the last team that Spokane puts 7 goals on.

As for Prince George, a lot of people don't expect much from them this year and they didn't give us much of a reason to think otherwise in these first 2 games. However I don't think they are quite as bad as they played. They have veteran guys on D and in goal as Scamperdog said and the offense will get better as the year goes on. We'll just have to see if they can improve it enough in the early going and not fall too far behind the pack, which I think they can.

WestLEAFfan
09-23-2007, 05:31 AM
I'll bet practice this week won't be much fun and I'll also bet that more than a few words were "said" in the dressing room after the game, and not by just the coach! I agree that the COUGARS aren't as bad as they have appeared these first two games, but they'd better get their act together soon before they fall too far behind the rest of the BC division. They'll need to forget about these two losses quickly and re-focus for their next game. We'll see if coach Shoneck can motivate his troups enough so they can get a win next game and regain a little confidence. Let's hope so anyway. :)

puckmam
09-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Didn't the COUGS hire an assistant coach from Alaska? Where is he?

WestLEAFfan
09-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Didn't the COUGS hire an assistant coach from Alaska? Where is he?

News to me. I haven't heard or read a thing. Anyone? :confused: