PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Frustrated With Tips Diving

Tipped Off
03-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I have to admit, even I thought it was funny on Saturday in Everett when the Hawks player faked a "dive" as he headed into the penalty box. I think most Everett fans thought he tripped and were laughing at him, but I watched him skate off & he definately did it on purpose, it was hilarious.

From the Oregonian (http://www.oregonlive.com/hawks/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/111079776319861.xml):

The Hawks say they have been frustrated all season by Everett's diving -- the Silvertips' ability to get referees to call penalties.

In the third period of Saturday's game, the Hawks' Brian Woolger got a 10-minute misconduct for mimicking an Everett dive.

"I would rather have him on the ice," Williamson said, "but it was pretty comical. They do (dive), and they're very good at it. It frustrates our players. But we're not going to win or lose the series in the fact there's some dives out there."

Asked about the Hawks' complaints, Constantine said: "We certainly don't think we do that. We just play the game hard."

Love said he and his teammates got a kick out of Portland fans who wore diving goggles and held signs.

"It was funny seeing all that in warm-ups," he said. "If they want to believe that, then that's fine. . . . We fall down, I guess. I don't know, I can't help that. It's not really that big a deal."

Williamson said the Hawks' biggest obstacle in the series will be keeping their composure.

"We can't get caught up in the emotional part of the game," he said. "That's their game plan. They want to see us get our feathers ruffled, and there's definitely some things they do to try and make that happen. We did a great job last night of not playing that game, not playing into their hands. Tonight, I didn't think we did a very good job of that."

ihlemic10
03-14-2005, 12:02 PM
The was smart enough to notice that it was mocking us and gave him the 10 min right after he did it. We had Portland fans in front of us that had the Diving goggles on. I did scare them away for a little bit when I bought Garlic Fries... ;)