PDA

View Full Version : More of the same

Scout
09-23-2007, 08:17 AM
More of the same from Friday on Saturday
Posted by Les Lazaruk on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 11:23:00 PM.

The Brandon Wheat Kings didn't wait until the second period to start the goal-scoring onslaught at Credit Union Centre. They scored four times on 13 shots to chase Blades' netminder Garrett Zemlak, on the way to a 6-1 triumph. For most of the 4,668 fans, it was a first-hand look at what transpired a night earlier in Brandon when the Wheaties won 5-2.

Once again, Brandon was the hungrier team, winning most of the races and one-on-one battles all over the ice. Again, the Blades seemed disinterested and soft.

Only Gaelan Patterson kept the Blades from being shutout...scoring short-handed at 8:37 of the third period to spoil Joe Caligiuri's bid for a W.H.L. first goose-egg. Brandon got two goals from 16-year-old rookie Scott Glennie, giving the Winnipeg product three in the two games. Colby Robak, Matt Calvert, Cale Jeffries and Andrew Clark added singles.

It's the eighth time in Blades' franchise history that they have opened the season with two losses in as many outings. They'll try and hit the win column Wednesday against Moose Jaw at 7:05 at Credit Union Centre. HOT-93's broadcast starts at 6:30 with "The Kia of Saskatoon Cutting Edge Pre-Game Show."

WestLEAFfan
09-23-2007, 08:50 AM
This game was painful to listen to and I can't posibly imagine how it was to watch. What's going on? Will Gillies make that huge of a difference? There does not seem to be any discipline or desire with the boys. It's a shame really. :(

howley
09-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Gillies won't make a difference. He'll provide a little stronger forecheck maybe. He is not a game changer.

Blades 4 Life!
09-23-2007, 11:33 AM
That was insanely bad. Jesus it was 4-0 in the first, Holtby came in and went 2 periods without a goal. Bad game, bad bad game. 0-2...I'm starting to get worried that this so called "hockey team" isn't going to do as well as we all thought.

WestLEAFfan
09-23-2007, 11:48 AM
That was insanely bad. Jesus it was 4-0 in the first, Holtby came in and went 2 periods without a goal. Bad game, bad bad game. 0-2...I'm starting to get worried that this so called "hockey team" isn't going to do as well as we all thought.

I don't think the baby should be thrown out with the bath water just yet. It's only 2 games in, 70 to go. I still see a playoff spot for the BLADES. Molleken will get the team going. Be patient BLADES fans. :)

Trav
09-23-2007, 01:25 PM
but the Blades have a lot of work to do between now and Wednesday when they play the Warriors who won't be easy to beat.

It's pretty sad when their best defensemen right now is a sixteen year old rookie (Elliot). Where was Niemi's shot? Either the Wheatkings were able to cover him like a blanket during the two games or else he's not shooting.

Brandon's got a very good team and should easily make the playoffs. They were all over the Blades last nite. Zemlak was bad on all the goals except for maybe the first one in my opinion.

The Blades better get going in a hurry cuz if they lose again against Moose Jaw the morale will start to go down. They need to skate hard, forecheck hard, SHOOT the puck a lot more, crash the net, just do the simple things.

RoundHouse
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Holy **** people its only 2 games into the season,relax.