PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trade?

Buldog
09-23-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm just wondering what trade people of this forum think is going to happen?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Right now, I think the team looks fine. Its way too early to be trading players.

However, though I dont want to move anyone around, or any lines that are working, if Stoesz really is gone, it wouldnt be a bad thing to try and pickup another good OA. Especially since, in some cases, we have to make a move before the cutoff date.

I know I have said this a few times before, but the pats should try and get the odd OA out of tri city. Its either Felde, or Vey. I think either will go for a pick, and/or a prospect. Trying to not give up any roster players fitting in. OAs stay, 18 year olds and younger will stay, and the 19 year olds, though seemingly the most expendable, are fitting in at the moment.

On my wishlist of players that (I think are attainable for the right price) I would love to see in a pats uniform this year are players like Santorelli, Stamler, and Tim Kraus. We could also take a chance on Campos from Everett, if we are looking for a cheap pickup. It seemslike he will be the odd man out there.

nivek_wahs
09-24-2007, 02:14 AM
I think now that Saulietis is out for an undetermined amount of time I think that the club will definitely be looking at adding an over age... I won't care to guess as to who but it could be a real possibility. I like the team as is (other than a couple parts but nothing major) and maybe needs a bit of tinkering but nothing major. Hey Buldog what do you think (I had to call you out lol)?

nivek_wahs
09-24-2007, 08:31 AM
From Greg Harder's "Slap Shots"

Let's make a deal

Don't be surprised if Tri-City Americans GM Bob Tory hears from Regina Pats counterpart Brent Parker — and soon.
The Pats have room for a 20-year-old and Tory just happens to have four of them — one more than the league quota. The logjam was created Sunday when LW Colton Yellow Horn returned from the AHL’s Norfolk Admirals.
Tri-City’s four overage players are Yellow Horn, C Shaun Vey, LW Erik Felde and D T.J. Fast. Vey, a native of Wakaw, would be the most logical fit for the Pats, who have a void at centre. Vey is big and skilled. He’s also off to a great start this season with two goals and three assists in three games.
Felde and Yellow Horn present intriguing possibilities as well. Yellow Horn potted 40 goals in just 59 games last season and could score 50 in 2007-08. The speedster Felde is a pure offensive player who had 24 goals and 52 points last season.
WHL teams have until Oct. 11 to declare their three 20-year-olds. After that, the Americans would be forced to release their excess talent, receiving no compensation in return. Given the circumstances, it looks like the best opportunity for Regina to add an impact player without having to surrender a key contributor to its current roster.
LW Troy Ofukany is the lone 20-year-old in Regina’s lineup now that RW Kaspars Saulietis has been sidelined for the first half of the season with a shoulder injury. His loss creates an immediate need for a veteran forward. Since enforcer Myles Stoesz is a good bet to stick in the pro ranks, the Pats would be advised to fill his spot with a goal scorer.
Some other offensive players who could be available at the overage deadline include LW Clayton Bauer of the Kootenay Ice, Everett Silvertips LW Ondrej Fiala (assuming he doesn’t remain with the AHL’s Houston Aeros) and Everett RW Brandon Campos.
The Lethbridge Hurricanes, Portland Winter Hawks and Red Deer Rebels also have 20-year-old openings. Other teams are likely to get involved if they have a chance to upgrade for the right price.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
There is a trade rumor going on the white board that Tri wants to trade Yellowhorn and a pick for Reich and Schira. Might not be necessarily real, but a little speculation never hurt anybody.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/40684/message/1190664524/Trade+Rumor

I posted my thoughts in there somewhere, so read through the thread if you like.