PDA

View Full Version : Keegan Dansereau??

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
According to this:http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald...2d-c2fd6d1b8522

He has been sent home for disciplinary reasons,I do not know if it would be a good idea to trade for him,(the price may be too high) but I think that he would probably want to play at home.

Does anyone else think that adding him to roster would help the Blades?

howley
09-23-2007, 04:38 PM
He wouldn't make a team worse in any situation I don't think.

sbtatter
09-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I think the cost would be high for any potential Dansereau trade. When the Hitmen get him, plante and White back they're going to be sitting pretty

Brandonite
09-23-2007, 05:58 PM
True, but Kelly Kisio isn't the kind of guy to let a player decide what he does and where he plays. If teams aren't offering anything good for him, Kisio wont likely take it and make Dansereau sit until something good comes up. At the same time, Keegan Dansereau hasn't exactly done 1st round bantam things and has not been what the Hitmen thought he would be! Who knows what his future holds, but he will likely end up back in Calgary...

grainbear
09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
The longer he sits , the lower the offer Calgary will receive, unless the coach is prepared to sit him awaiting an attitude correction Calgary might as well trade him now. With other veteran players coming available with the 20 year old cut down deadline either bring him back or trade him and because of the situation the very best offer you are going to get is a 5 or 6 rounder or a younger player who was drafted as a 5 th or 6th round pick . I also can not see a trade to the Central or Eastern division which in spite of Calgary s good team could bite him in the butt.

AlanC
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
The longer he sits , the lower the offer Calgary will receive, unless the coach is prepared to sit him awaiting an attitude correction Calgary might as well trade him now.

Actually, his price gets better the longer the Hitmen wait and the more obvious it becomes to other teams in the league that they need scoring help. Right now it's very early in the season and every G.M. thinks their team is OK. Give it ten games and the teams that are averaging < 2 goals a game will realize they need help.

Calgary has the luxury of waiting this one out because they are still deep enough in talent that having Dansereau sit out isn't hurting them too much. Mind you, if that were to change (injuries or slumps to current Hitmen forwards) then the pressure will mount for Kisio to make a deal, so it's a double-edged sword there.

the very best offer you are going to get is a 5 or 6 rounder or a younger player who was drafted as a 5 th or 6th round pick .

So Brett Ward is worth a 4th rounder but the best the Hitmen will get for a 30 goal scorer is a 5th or 6th rounder? Come on!

Dansereau will net either a similar veteran forward, a high draft pick, or a blue-chip prospect in return. Attitude problems or not, the guy can score 30-40 goals this year and that comes with a price. He isn't going to be given away for free.

sbtatter
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I bet he'll join Whitey back in Calgary this week....

Brandonite
09-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if hes in Brandon on Friday vs the Wheat Kings. At the same time, I'd love to see him sit and adjust his attitude. There is nothing more that I hate than a Junior hockey player walking around like hes king just because of who he plays hockey for...he's got lots of talent but like Don Cherry always says, no team will ever want you if you have attitude problems off the ice. Kelly Kisio is a very respected former player and coach and if he has problems with him and goes as far as to send him home, it must have been bad!

Trav
09-23-2007, 09:38 PM
obiviously we don't know what happened between Dansereau and the Hitmen but hopefully whatever Dansereau did, he can make up for his mistake and get back to playing hockey. Like u all have said, he's a good hockey player obiviously, hopefully he can get his head back in to the game.