PDA

View Full Version : Don't get your hopes up......yet.

Shinyshoes
09-25-2007, 08:42 AM
The Columbus Blue Jackets Annouced today that Kirill Starkov has been sent to their AHL Affiliate club in Syracuse. This puts Starkov 1 Step Closer to becomming a Rebel again.

I still firmly believe he will stick in the AHL, but who knows........

Rebel66
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
The Rebels could certainly use his offensive abilities but, I'm with you, he will likely stick in the minors. Bonus for the Rebels if he doesn't.

In other news I noticed that Brandon Sutter is going to suit up for Carolina tonight in what, their website says, is his last game before being sent back to Red Deer. That's good news for the Rebels.

RebelsFan
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
I would guess he would make the road trip this weekend then. That is really good news as we can use him in Regina for sure. PA is still struggling in goal so if we can get the forwards to the net we should be OK there.

SectionNDeserter
09-25-2007, 04:06 PM
PA is still struggling in goal so if we can get the forwards to the net we should be OK there.Didn't they just acquire Dustin Butler?

RebelsFan
09-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Yes they did acquire Butler but in two games he is 9 GA and a save % of .859. If I was Donn Clark I would still be looking for a goalie. Maybe if Clark plays well for the Rebels tonight they will trade Reimer to PA for a 20 year old defenceman. I heard Archer will be out for a while.

RDRebelsfan
09-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I highly doubt we'd be trading Reimer.

I think if we are looking to acquire 20 year olds, one up front would be nice. Tri City had 4 pretty good overagers, Fast, Yellowhorn, Felde and Vey, whoever is the man out there, I'm assuming Vey, we should try to acquire somehow.

Tinner
09-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Brandon Sutter has been sent back to the Rebs from Carolina and will play on the Sask. road trip.

WHL Rules
09-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Brandon Sutter has been sent back to the Rebs from Carolina and will play on the Sask. road trip.

Is this official? I ask because Peter Laviolette said yesterday after the game that given their (new) injury situation, the Canes will mull any (expected) cuts on the flight home.

Rebel66
09-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Is this official? I ask because Peter Laviolette said yesterday after the game that given their (new) injury situation, the Canes will mull any (expected) cuts on the flight home.

It's on their website:

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=338377

JacketsFan
09-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Starkov told the Danish press that he thinks he will play in Syracuse.
http://politiken.dk/sport/article385247.ece

But Syracuse's camp is highly competitive this year, especially at forward.

WHL Rules
10-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Just an update. Starkov was a healthy scratch in the first two games for Syracuse (they lost both games).

SectionNDeserter
10-07-2007, 07:04 AM
I am becoming less and less optimistic that we will see either of our two remaining overage players back. I think that given how incredibly awful Cullen Morin has been thus far, one would think that a deal for some of the many available overage defensemen can't be too far away.

Tinner
10-07-2007, 09:34 AM
after watching this weekends games, I agree with Section's viewpoint.

sbtatter
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I am becoming less and less optimistic that we will see either of our two remaining overage players back. I think that given how incredibly awful Cullen Morin has been thus far, one would think that a deal for some of the many available overage defensemen can't be too far away. What would you think of getting either Yeo or Louis from us? Even though I don't think we'd trade Yeo within our conference.....

SectionNDeserter
10-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Neither one really does anything for me. Never been too terribly impressed with Louis. I don't see a deal for Yeo happening, just for the simple fact that he won't be able to dress for another month, and who knows what shape him or his knee will be in by that time.

With Flatters departing PA to Saskatoon (thank god it wasn't back here), they have taken care of their logjam of overage players on the blueline, so I don't see them dealing either of their remaining overage defensemen.

I would LOVE to see Chad Greenan in a Rebel Uniform, but I don't see Kootenay giving him up, nor do I see them doing it to a division rival. So where does that leave us? Who knows! :confused: Anyone have any other possible overage acquisitions that they would like to see?

dagley
10-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Won't be shocked if Red Deer inquires Brandon about the possibility of Yeo or Louis

Shinyshoes
10-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I have heard rumblings of Kurceba heading back this way.......

SectionNDeserter
10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Ugh, would almost do better to get Mike Cann back than Kurceba. Lets hope not.

rebelfan
10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
I would LOVE to see Chad Greenan in a Rebel Uniform, but I don't see Kootenay giving him up, nor do I see them doing it to a division rival. So where does that leave us? Who knows! :confused: Anyone have any other possible overage acquisitions that they would like to see?[/QUOTE]

Maybe if we gave them Reimer, they would give us Greenan? ;)

SectionNDeserter
10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Maybe if we gave them Reimer, they would give us Greenan? ;)Probably a little too much to give up for an overage defenseman, though Reimer has been outplayed by his backup so far.

RebelsFan
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
"Maybe if Clark plays well for the Rebels tonight they will trade Reimer to PA for a 20 year old defenceman"

I made this statement last week and it's interesting to look at the situation again now a week later. PA is down to their 20 year olds and we still have Reimer. I think part of the problem in giving up Reimer would be who backs up Clark? Rollheiser has I believe proven he's not the guy. I would still have to think they are shopping Reimer for a 20 year old ( or veteran anyway) d-man. I think Clark is showing he can be the go to guy on a young team such as we have this year.

SectionNDeserter
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Problem with trading Reimer is that he is a drafted goaltender. They would almost have to get either a drafted player for him, or one that is almost assured of being drafted this season (in order to receive the development money from the team that holds his rights). Looking ahead to next year, if there is no change in our 88's, our overage players would be;

Doucet
Wray
Reimer
Egener

Doucet, Wray and Reimer would be a nice group of overage players. Will Reimer be returned to the team as an overage player next season? Given the state of the Leaf's goaltending situation, probably. Is he going to continue to be outplayed by his backup, or will he turn it around? Is Clark ready to be a starter? What do they replace Reimer with, at the very least short term?

Would be an interesting scenario, but seems like a lot of question marks, and a lot of issues resulting from his trade that would have to be worked out.