PDA

View Full Version : Credit Union I-Plex ?

Scout
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Keen's Korner

Tuesday, September 25, 2007
"The Credit Union I-Plex"
The Swift Current Broncos, City of Swift Current and Innovation Credit Union held a joint news conference this afternoon to announce "The Credit Union I-Plex" as the new sponsor name for the Centennial Civic Center.

The logo is catchy. I'm having it e-mailed to me and will post it later today along with this post.

Today's media conference included words from all three parties and was hosted by Broncos Assistant General Manager and Director of Business Operations Elden Moberg.

The deal is a 10 year sponsorship agreement totalling $600,000. All the sponsorship dollars will be put back into the facilities capital expenditures to keep it updated and within league standards.

It appears to be a great marriage and kudos to the Broncos, the City and to Innovation Credit Union for hammering out the long term deal.

I'll post some comments later once I get back to work...

Bran
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I-Plex? Kinda weird...I'm interested to see this "catchy" logo, though!

Toswammi
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
same logo as the one on the bronco website??

Bran
09-25-2007, 05:11 PM
same logo as the one on the bronco website??
The butterfly doesn't exactly scream "hockey!". Is that part of the Innovation Credit Union logo?

Toswammi
09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
The butterfly doesn't exactly scream "hockey!". Is that part of the Innovation Credit Union logo?

yeah

Scout
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Civic Centre’s New Name: Credit Union iplex

Sept 25 - The City of Swift Current, Swift Current Broncos, and Innovation Credit Union are pleased to announce that the new name for Swift Current’s Centennial Civic Centre will be “The Credit Union iplex”.
In this three-way partnership agreement, Innovation Credit Union will retain the naming rights of the facility for a period of ten years. Funds provided in return for the naming rights will be used by the Swift Current Broncos and the City to upgrade the facility over that time.

“We couldn’t be happier about taking on the naming rights of the Credit Union iplex,” says Chief Executive Officer of Innovation Credit Union, Brian Maunula. “Given our close ties to the communities we serve, we focus on significant economic development opportunities such as this. It was perfect timing that the City of Swift Current and Swift Current Broncos were also looking for a naming rights partner for the Civic Centre. It’s our way of assisting in the development of Swift Current and surrounding communities, and of course supporting all the individuals, groups and organizations that use this facility such as the Swift Current Broncos. We can hardly wait to showcase a Memorial Cup trophy in the iplex someday soon.”

Her Worship Mayor Sandy Larson was also pleased to work with Innovation Credit Union and the Swift Current Broncos on the agreement. “The City feels this is a tremendous partnership that will support and enhance the activities that take place at the Credit Union iplex for years to come. We are very grateful to Innovation Credit Union for this contribution, and look forward to our continued partnership in the future.”

"This entire project, from the City-led renovations to Innovation Credit Union's 10 year partnership with the City and ourselves in providing upgrades to the facility, is a watershed moment for our organization,” says Joe Arling President of the Swift Current Broncos Board of Directors. “These two events provide us with the ability to be sustainable long-term, and we thank both organizations for doing their part in ensuring that Broncos Hockey is part of the Swift Current fabric, as well as, that of the entire southwest for many years to come. We're extremely excited about playing our first game in the new Credit Union iplex, and we know our fans will be excited with the changes already completed as well as those to come over the first half of the season."

For further information, please contact:
Brian Maunula, CEO, Innovation Credit Union - 446-9257
Mayor Sandy Larson, City of Swift Current - 778-2717
Joe Arling, President, Swift Current Broncos - 773-4660

2,5,andagame
09-25-2007, 08:11 PM
This is great. yeehoo I can tell the wife I'm off to the I and she will think I'm at the rink but I will actually be at the Big Eye :dead:

dubfan
09-25-2007, 08:45 PM
FUNNY, 2,5,gamer. Its a Swift joke for those who view and havent had the luck to have been downtown Swift, "where life makes sense". The BIG I, I have been told is an older licensed establishment a 1/2 block from the old train depot. Every small prairie city has an "establishment" similar to this that is on one of the main lines. I am still chuckeling, why not do both, go to the new I and then celebrate at the Big I "EYE" after. Oh I forgot there is a large picture of an eye on the building. I hope this paints a picture. FUNNY.

Hey another new marketing opportunity.