PDA

View Full Version : Warriors acquire Broda

Triton
09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans' general manager Bob Tory announced today that the team has traded 18-year-old forward Joel Broda to the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for 19-year-old Jason Reese.

Broda, a 6'0, 196 lbs center, competed in 127 games for Tri-City over the past three seasons. Last season with the Americans, the Prince Albert, Saskatchewan-native registered career-highs in goals (16), assists (28), points (44), penalty minutes (62) and plus/minus (+7). Broda, a first-round (9th overall) Bantam Draft pick by Tri-City in 2004, has appeared in all three games for Tri-City this season, notching two goals and three points including the game-winner in Chilliwack on Sunday.

"To acquire a player of Jason Reese's status, you have to give up a quality player. Joel has developed himself into a premier player in the League and because of his efforts, has enabled us to make a deal at this time," stated Tory. "Jason Reese has the potential to be a 100-point player in the League and we welcome him to our line-up."

Reese, a native of Gresham, Oregon, played AAA Bantam for the Tri-City Jr. Americans in 2002-2003 before he was taken in the first round (7th overall) of the 2003 Bantam Draft by the Vancouver Giants. Reese, at 5'10, 180 lbs, was traded to Moose Jaw in December of 2006. Last season, combined between the Giants and Warriors, Reese appeared in 73 games and recorded 30 goals, 40 assists and 70 points. For his WHL career, Reese has collected 42 goals, 68 assists, 110 points and is a plus-35 in 180 games.

Reese is expected to be in the line-up on Saturday, when the Americans travel to Portland and take on the Winter Hawks.

Dwight Schrute
09-25-2007, 01:58 PM
damn... nice move moosejaw

wardog fan
09-25-2007, 03:14 PM
pretty nstunned by this deal? wasnt expecting a move like this for a forward!!!! broda is a nice return as we have a crap load of 19 year olds but wow for a team with some high expectations and below par showing opening night on defense i thought we would be looking for some help on the back end not dealing reese for a forward... i cant knock chad langs moves as not one has back fired yet ( knock on wood) but i guess time will tell about this one. alot of rumors had two forwards being dealt for a number of diffrent high end 19 or 20 year dman but who knows what lang has up his sleeve. i went from confident to very worried now on this season.

wardog fan
09-25-2007, 03:45 PM
warriors also released 20 year old goalie, kurt jory today.. too bad such a nice kid and really was never given a chance to start. but as a fan im wishing him all the very best in his hockey carrear..

AMSRocker
09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Broda,
Is is a solid built guy that is strating to use that big frame of his. We all thought that this season he would be comming out of his shell and start to put up some serious points! I really wish that we did not make this trade! (so far)

How is 19-year-old Jason Reese that we are getting in return???
Is he the shooter that the AMS say he is? Is he a penalty box sitter?
:confused:

Scout
09-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Warrior News
Jory On The Move
With the League 20 year old deadline approaching and the Moose Jaw Warriors currently holding 2 twenty year old goaltenders, the Tribe announced today that netminder Kurt Jory has been released.

The 6’0, 187lbs native of Brandon, MB joined the Warriors at the beginning of last season from the Brandon Wheat Kings. As a Moose Jaw Warrior, Jory played between the pipes 29 times and had a record of 10-10-1.

“Kurt is in an unfortunate situation due to his age and we have to conform to the Western Hockey League rule which only allows teams to carry three 20 year olds. The Moose Jaw Warriors would like to thank Kurt for his contribution and wish him all the best in his hockey career”, commented Moose Jaw Warriors General Manager Chad Lang.

Name: Kurt Jory
Position: Goal
Catches: Left
Height: 6’0
Weight: 187lbs
Birthdate: 1987-04-27
Hometown: Brandon, MB

Regular Season Stats
Season Team GP GA Mins Saves W L OTL SL T SO
2005-06 WHL Season Brandon Wheat Kings 17 48 820 358 5 6 1 0 0 1
2006-07 WHL Season Brandon Wheat Kings 2 6 64 24 0 1 0 0 0 0
2006-07 WHL Season Moose Jaw Warriors 29 86 1417 699 10 10 1 0 0 1

Dwight Schrute
09-26-2007, 02:52 AM
if defense is a weakness for mj and scoring is for pa. send broda home to pa for some quality d

dagley
09-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I still think giving up Reese was a dumb idea, takes your team down a notch