PDA

View Full Version : Jory out...

Brandonite
09-26-2007, 05:55 AM
Kurt Jory was released from the team yesterday after the team decided to go with Joey Perricone as their 20 year old goaltender. Jory was released and apparently Lang tried to trade him but had to takers. I believe that, with so many young goalies coming up between 16 & 17 years old! You dont see many 20 year old goalies in the WHL but when there are, they are usually a very key member to that team and I can't see anyone picking up Jorys rights anywhere in the Dub. His Junior A rights are held by the Neepawa Natives and he did play there for 1 year as a 17 year old before joing Brandon the following year. But he does not know whether or not he will report to Neepawa...anybody have any thoughts/comments on Jory?

westbeach55
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
if the raiders didn't nab butler i would have said we should have got him

Triton
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
if the raiders didn't nab butler i would have said we should have got him

Yeah Butler's been awesome.

Jump
10-17-2007, 07:52 AM
On BCHL Fan Forum

From Greg Drinnan's blog....

G Kurt Jory, who was let go by Moose Jaw when he got caught up in the 20-year-old game, will join the BCHL’s Langley Chiefs. Langley acquired his junior A rights from the MJHL’s Neepawa Natives. The WHL had given the Brandon Wheat Kings the OK to use Jory to back up Joe Caligiuri in the absence of Andrew Hayes (concussion). If Hayes is unavailable Wednesday — the Wheat Kings are at home to Red Deer — Brandon will have to scramble to find a backup. . . .

sbtatter
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
On BCHL Fan Forum

From Greg Drinnan's blog....

G Kurt Jory, who was let go by Moose Jaw when he got caught up in the 20-year-old game, will join the BCHL’s Langley Chiefs. Langley acquired his junior A rights from the MJHL’s Neepawa Natives. The WHL had given the Brandon Wheat Kings the OK to use Jory to back up Joe Caligiuri in the absence of Andrew Hayes (concussion). If Hayes is unavailable Wednesday — the Wheat Kings are at home to Red Deer — Brandon will have to scramble to find a backup. . . . They'll likely use Zach Munn, the ex AAA goalie

Carebear
10-17-2007, 10:34 AM
So whats the scoop with this guy??
Strengths/Weaknesses?

WHEATMAN
10-17-2007, 11:25 AM
They'll likely use Zach Munn, the ex AAA goalie

Is Munn even playing anymore? I thought he quit after AAA, and was really suprised to see him as an emergancy backup last time.

Brandonite
10-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Is Munn even playing anymore? I thought he quit after AAA, and was really suprised to see him as an emergancy backup last time.

I'm pretty sure he is related to Kelly McCrimmon somehow. I think Zack is his nephew which would explain a whole lot. Zack is a Brandon kid obviously and I think he might have played Jr.A for a bit but I have no clue if he is still playing full time anywhere. Im not even 100% sure who was back up on Wednesday to be honest but it wasn't Jory thats for sure.

Rattlesnake
10-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Munn was listed on the game sheet.

Bully73
10-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I have no clue if he is still playing full time anywhere. Im not even 100% sure who was back up on Wednesday to be honest but it wasn't Jory thats for sure.
According to Mike Fraser's blog, Munn has only been playing recreational hockey.

Brandonite
10-19-2007, 04:32 AM
According to Mike Fraser's blog, Munn has only been playing recreational hockey.

Well theres our answer I guess then. Lets be honest, as long as Brandon has ANY emergency back-up they will be just praying that Joe doesn't get hurt or something during the game. Joe has been awesome so far holding the fort this season.

sbtatter
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Well theres our answer I guess then. Lets be honest, as long as Brandon has ANY emergency back-up they will be just praying that Joe doesn't get hurt or something during the game. Joe has been awesome so far holding the fort this season.
Munn is now on the WK's protected list until Hayes returns.

Triton
10-19-2007, 11:49 AM
They should just call up Graham Hildebrand from Beardy's AAA. He has 2 wins in 3 games, 1.33 GAA, .949 SV% with 1 shutout. Hopefully Hayes will be ready to go before we leave on our road trip.

Brandonite
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
They should just call up Graham Hildebrand from Beardy's AAA. He has 2 wins in 3 games, 1.33 GAA, .949 SV% with 1 shutout. Hopefully Hayes will be ready to go before we leave on our road trip.

Yeah but Hildebrand is the main goalie and if Brandon calls him up, then his team is forced to scramble to find a replacement. It is easier for BDN to find a back-up then a AAA team. I imagine it was considered, I can't see them being 100% content with the spot they are in.

Triton
10-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah but Hildebrand is the main goalie and if Brandon calls him up, then his team is forced to scramble to find a replacement. It is easier for BDN to find a back-up then a AAA team. I imagine it was considered, I can't see them being 100% content with the spot they are in.

If they need a goaltender, they need a goaltender. There's nothing that both parties can do about it. It would be a opportunity for Graham and for him, a chance to move up is always welcomed, thats hockey.

Last season just after christmas, the Chilliwack Bruins nabbed the Mintos best defenceman in Hobbs and one of our fowards. Also Red Deer nabbed Beardy's best defenceman, Cullen Morin. Thats part of hockey. We dealt with it and moved on.

But actually Beardy's back-up Adam Bartko is more than capable of taking over the duties if it came to that. He was the teams starter last season until Graham came out of nowhere with his play.

Brandonite
10-21-2007, 09:31 PM
If they need a goaltender, they need a goaltender. There's nothing that both parties can do about it. It would be a opportunity for Graham and for him, a chance to move up is always welcomed, thats hockey.

Last season just after christmas, the Chilliwack Bruins nabbed the Mintos best defenceman in Hobbs and one of our fowards. Also Red Deer nabbed Beardy's best defenceman, Cullen Morin. Thats part of hockey. We dealt with it and moved on.

But actually Beardy's back-up Adam Bartko is more than capable of taking over the duties if it came to that. He was the teams starter last season until Graham came out of nowhere with his play.

Well either way, Im sure Brandon considered that obviously! Like I said, they wont be 100% satisfied with having a 19 year old goalie who is just playing rec hockey these days as their back up. Im sure all of that was considered!! Devan Dubyk was supposed to stick around when Hayes was injured, but was sent back so he could start playing with Swan Valley. McCrimmon isnt going to interfear with other teams if he doesnt absolutely have to...