PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Halliday Returns to Rebels

Shinyshoes
09-18-2007, 12:42 PM
The Rebels have announced today that 18 year old forward Tyler Halliday has joined the Rebels on a try-out basis. Halliday was with the Rebels for 2 games in 05-06 getting 1 assist. For the past 2 seasons, he has been playing with the Merritt Centennials in the British Columbia Hockey League.

Earlier this year, Halliday was listed at the Edmonton Oil Kings camp. Not sure how things went there, but seeing him here makes me think he didn't make the cut up north.

Guess we will see if he can crack the Rebels Lineup.

RebelsFan
09-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Not bad though, 6'1" 190LBS. Seems to me he was a lot smaller when last in a Rebels jersey.

Shinyshoes
09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree. He was one of my favorites to make the team in 05-06. He was a speedy agitator, with some decent hands. Then when he was cut, we never saw him again.

He wasn't at Rebels camp last year, or this year, and apparently was even dropped from our 50-man PPL (obviously if he was at Oil Kings camp). Im not sure what happened, because when he was re-assigned in '05, he looked like a shoe-in for the 06-07 year. Now that he is back as an 18 year old, I think his age is working against him. Combine that with whatever other issues caused him to be released from the Rebels in the first place and I think he is in tough to make the team. Time will tell.

RebelsFan
09-18-2007, 01:41 PM
If I am not mistaken, he was reassigned by the Rebels about a week into the season with a bad groin injury similar to Peeps. He was off skates for a couple of months and then played BCJHL. I, too , am glad to see him back. 150 PIMs in 48 games is OK and if I remember correctly he liked to skate hard and hit hard. Is one of our smaller forwards heading home? I guess it will depend on how Halliday does. He could also just be brought in to push some of the forwards but I don't think that is the case.

Tinner
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
RED DEER, AB – The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that forward Tyler Halliday has joined the team on a try-out basis.

Halliday,18, had been playing with the Merritt Centennials of the British Columbia Hockey League before coming to Red Deer. He had previously played with the Rebels in 2005-06, picking up 1 assist in 2 regular season games.

(Rebels Web Site)

Rebrevs
09-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Halliday WAS here at the beginning of last season but DID unfortunately sustain a groin injury during camp. He was too close to the bubble to warrant keeping him. I'm excited to see how Tyler does. If he is 6'1" and 190 lbs then he has definitely grown. If he has picked up his speed at all based on added strength from growing, he will be a pretty fast kid. He was fast before. If no 20 year olds are showing up in the near future and Brandon is getting a good look in Carolina, this is a great time to see what Tyler can do. His anticipated speed is going to fit right in with what we have right now. If he has the grit Shineyshoes says he has (and I seem to recall the same grit) it sure won't hurt. Man, am I ever getting excited about the upcoming season. I think we are going to shock a few teams.