PDA

View Full Version : Trade

MidgetAAA
09-26-2007, 10:52 PM
heard that a player is about to be moved

Section_Z
09-27-2007, 12:30 AM
heard there's gonna be a lot of people at the home opener.

Giantsfan
09-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Even though the Canucks game is televised & the Lions are playing Calgary, it should still be a large turnout. Better leave early because traffic could be brutal.

thankyougiants
09-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I just heard that its Kraus :bounce: & Valach and that we've got Bliznak back! :clap:

rinkrat
09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I just heard that its Kraus :bounce: & Valach and that we've got Bliznak back! :clap:

Source?

GiantDave
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
The deal with Regina is confirmed on the Giants website. We get two 19 year olds in defensemen Craig Schira and center Mike Reich... In exchange we give up Tim Kraus (20) and Juraj Valach... No mention of Bliznak coming back though.

Soundy
09-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Even though the Canucks game is televised & the Lions are playing Calgary, it should still be a large turnout. Better leave early because traffic could be brutal.

Hehehe... over on Lionbackers.com, all the discussion is on how the Giants' home opener is going to affect attendance at the Lions/Stampeders game. They're a little more pessimistic than this, though. :)

I sold a buddy my Lions ticket - a championship banner raising is not to be missed!

Section_Z
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
The deal with Regina is confirmed on the Giants website. We get two 19 year olds in defensemen Craig Schira and center Mike Reich... In exchange we give up Tim Kraus (20) and Juraj Valach... No mention of Bliznak coming back though.

No mention...But we just opened up a 20 YO spot and a Euro spot at the same time in that trade. The exact two things that we needed to do to get Bliznak back in the line up.....
Wishful thinking, maybe...But why trade Kraus and Valach in what appears to be a straight across trade unless you had other motives?

GiantDave
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure if the Giants brass isn't done retooling the back end... Even with the addition of Craig Schiera our "d" is still on the younger side.

Berube, Schiera (19), Blum, Regner, Toigo (18) and three rookies in Schneider, Scholten, Manning... (I'm assuming Saip will be sent down once Schneider is healthy)

I think a 20 year old to add to the top 5 of Berube, Schiera, Blum, Regner and Manning would be a bigtime plus.

old_time_hockey
09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, looks like Bonner has opened up a spot to bring in an O/A Dman.

What a kick to the testicular region for Kraus. Traded away just before the banner raising. Although I'm sure he knew that at some point he would be traded.

Knuckles Muldoon
09-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Bliznak is clearly getting the 3rd OA spot. The Giants needed to add a vet to the Dcorps, but it didn't necessarily have be a 20 yo. This trade solves a lot of things and I love the thought of Bliz coming back.
Now, where's Loooooootch?

Smalltime
09-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I'd be stoked if this was the return of the Bliznakian One.

Giantsfan
09-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I heard on NW that Bliznak is going to be sent back to the Giants. So glad Kraus is gone. He was so lazy & inconsistant. Valach I could care less about too. I'm wondering if they will move Wuchterl next?
I also heard Toigo saying there were over 10 thousand tickets sold so far & they expect maybe 12,000. Great crowd considering the Lions are playing Calgary & Canucks are playing on TV at 5 pm.

Carebear
09-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I heard on NW that Bliznak is going to be sent back to the Giants. So glad Kraus is gone. He was so lazy & inconsistant. Valach I could care less about too. I'm wondering if they will move Wuchterl next?
I also heard Toigo saying there were over 10 thousand tickets sold so far & they expect maybe 12,000. Great crowd considering the Lions are playing Calgary & Canucks are playing on TV at 5 pm.

Does that include the 500 tickets that were given away through The Province?

Giantsfan
09-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Does that include the 500 tickets that were given away through The Province?

I don't care, but 12, 000 is a solid number for a home opener no matter how the tickets were dispersed.

Beaner
09-27-2007, 09:54 PM
No surprise about this move.

rinkrat
09-27-2007, 10:40 PM
No surprise about this move.
I miss your summaries Beaner. :D

N.W. Bruin
09-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Before the deal was made. Reich has been a real disappointment in his WHL career considering he was a top bantam pick. Never lived up to potential. So basically this deal is move Kraus and Valach to open up a spot for Bliznak. They get a Berube type of D-man back in return and big question mark in Reich.

SectionNDeserter
09-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Reich has gotten totally punched out by Berube about 10 times in the last 2 seasons, Its funny how these guys who seem to have issues with each other often end up playing on the same team. :D

Giantsfan
09-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Heard on WX1130 this morning that there was a chance McArdle will be sent back to the Giants. I haven't heard that anywhere, but if he was that would be a great lift for the team. Also, Bonner said they weren't done dealing as they aren't satisfied with what they have. I'm sure they would like to acquire another dman.

Knuckles Muldoon
09-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Heard on WX1130 this morning that there was a chance McArdle will be sent back to the Giants. I haven't heard that anywhere, but if he was that would be a great lift for the team.

Seems like a longshot, but if it happened...oh boy!

Also, Bonner said they weren't done dealing as they aren't satisfied with what they have. I'm sure they would like to acquire another dman.

There is certainly an abundance of grinders up front. But then, there's a noticeable shortage of top-end skill forwards around the league, too. Makes it pretty hard to get your hands on one, even if you have serviceable bodies to move off your roster to facilitate it.

Giants_24
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Heard on WX1130 this morning that there was a chance McArdle will be sent back to the Giants. I haven't heard that anywhere, but if he was that would be a great lift for the team. Also, Bonner said they weren't done dealing as they aren't satisfied with what they have. I'm sure they would like to acquire another dman.

They mentioned that in the Province too. Bonner did say though that they figure both McArdle and Bliznak will find a spot with one of the franchise's teams.

It's a long shot, but it could happen. :D

scrunt
09-28-2007, 06:59 PM
When I first heard about the vacancy for a two-spotter, I thought of Fiala before Bliznak. The rumour mill seems to be putting its money on Mario, but Everett will soon have to have a fire sale of 20 YO's.

Just another idea to add to the speculation...

Section_Z
09-28-2007, 08:30 PM
When I first heard about the vacancy for a two-spotter, I thought of Fiala before Bliznak. The rumour mill seems to be putting its money on Mario, but Everett will soon have to have a fire sale of 20 YO's.

Good one, but would only happen if Everett traded to the East and we got him from there. And something tells me Everett would subject the trade with a clause that wouldn't allow that...
Don't forget, they really don't like us...=)

Beaner
09-28-2007, 10:31 PM

An injury prone player who left his team just before the playoffs last year? No thanks.

I think we could easily add a Euro and a 20 who would produce just as much as Fiala.

Knuckles Muldoon
09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
An injury prone player who left his team just before the playoffs last year? No thanks.

I think we could easily add a Euro and a 20 who would produce just as much as Fiala.

You don't think Hayzer would enjoy having a flake like Fiala hanging around? :spineyes:

GF71
09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Fiala is/was HIGHLY over rated IMO.