PDA

View Full Version : Ams/Chiefs - Who Scores More Goals?

LifelongChiefsFan
09-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Just curious to see what some of you guys think. Obviously I'm going to take Spokane. However I think both teams are going to hit the back of the net quite a bit.

Spokane scored roughly 5 goals a game on average in the pre-season and carried that play into the season scoring 12 goals in 2 games at Prince George. The team seemed to find some instant chemistry to start the season which is something they've lacked for the first set of games in the past few years. The Chiefs don't have any scoring superstars, but they have plenty of guys like Bowman, Rutherford and Wall who will score plenty of goals.

On the other hand Tri-City does have that superstar in Yellow Horn. It wouldn't surprise me to see him net around 50 this season. They also have experienced vets like Procyshen who will score quite a few goals this year and a Dman in Fast who can quarterback the power play. Also trading for Reese who was a 30 goal scorer last season doesn't hurt. Tri-City has proved they can score, getting six, six and four in their first 3 games without Yellow Horn or Reese.

So anyway I know scoring more goals doesn't necessarily make a team better, but it does make for some exciting hockey. I'll be interested to hear what other people have to say.